Nolan Chance - Bunky

Here's something you don't see everyday.

A couple of years ago a copy of the the famed Bunky release of Nolan Chance "Just Like The Weather" turned up in Australia. Soon the information and image surrounding this release found its way into the public domain and now everyone has seen what this looks like. Exactly like the Constellation demo, but with two noticable differences, the name Bunky replaces Constellation, and the "Disc Jockey Advance Sample - Not For Sale" disappears. Everything else is identical, even down to the Constellation release number of C-161. The vinyl is identical, and apparently ran off at the same time, just with these modified labels interspersed with the standard Constellation labels.

I understand the reason for this records existence was a Bill "Bunky" Sheppard extra promotion in trying to get the record "out there".

Now I thought that was the end of the story. Well maybe it is, but it isn't the beginning.

The same identical variations to those above found their way to Nolan's earlier release on C-144 - "If He Makes You" / "She's Gone". I can't seem to find anything out about it, just wondered if anyone out there had ever heard of it. It also begs a question about other Constellation / Bunky productions. Could releases of, for example, Gene Chandler exist on Bunky, still waiting to be found somewhere.

Anyway, just thought I'd post this as it may be of interest to some of you, or if it's old hat then apologies for wasting your time.

Here's some pictures.

attachicon.gifbunky1.jpg  attachicon.gifbunky2.jpg

Cheers

Mick

:hatsoff2: HI ALL,    HAVE YOU HEARD OF CHINESE WHISPERS? WELL MY BRAINE PLAYED ONE ON ME LAST FRIDAY?

Mick showed me this rare record last Friday night at the PUMPING HARTS SOUL CLUB in WOLVES, SATURDAY I was telling my mate in the South about it OK,

However as I had no scan I sent him a scan of my demo, and explained Micks story above, the problem is from Friday night to Saturday night NOLAN CHANCE BECOME?.....HOLY MAXWELL???...SCARY OR WHAT? DAVE K

post-13241-0-47931800-1398389235_thumb.j

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Here's something you don't see everyday. A couple of years ago a copy of the the famed Bunky release of Nolan Chance "Just Like The Weather" turned up in Australia. Soon the information and image surrounding this release found its way into the public domain and now everyone has seen what this looks like. Exactly like the Constellation demo, but with two noticable differences, the name Bunky replaces Constellation, and the "Disc Jockey Advance Sample - Not For Sale" disappears. Everything else is identical, even down to the Constellation release number of C-161. The vinyl is identical, and apparently ran off at the same time, just with these modified labels interspersed with the standard Constellation labels. I understand the reason for this records existence was a Bill "Bunky" Sheppard extra promotion in trying to get the record "out there". Now I thought that was the end of the story. Well maybe it is, but it isn't the beginning. The same identical variations to those above found their way to Nolan's earlier release on C-144 - "If He Makes You" / "She's Gone". I can't seem to find anything out about it, just wondered if anyone out there had ever heard of it. It also begs a question about other Constellation / Bunky productions. Could releases of, for example, Gene Chandler exist on Bunky, still waiting to be found somewhere. Anyway, just thought I'd post this as it may be of interest to some of you, or if it's old hat then apologies for wasting your time. Here's some pictures. attachicon.gifbunky1.jpg  attachicon.gifbunky2.jpg Cheers Mick

I saw this for sale on Ebay last week, also surprised to see "If he makes you" on Bunky. Don't know of any other well known NS artists, Dee Clark, Gene Chandler who came out on Bunky.

45 Discography for Bunky Records
Bunky 7750 The Esquires Get On Up Listen To Me 1967 Bunky 7751 Glenn Watts My Little Plaything Money Gives Everything   Bunky 7752 The Esquires And Get Away Everybody's Laughin' 1967 Bunky 7753 The Esquires You Say State Fair 1968 Bunky 7754 Skip and Ernest Sweet Darlin' Pickin' And Chippin'   Bunky 7755 The Esquires Why Can't I Stop The Feeling's Gone 1968 Bunky 7756 The Esquires How Could It Be I Know I Can 1968 Bunky 7757 Floyd Morris Bee Hive That's How I Feel   Bunky 7758 Artie Golden Bad Habits I'll Be Home   Bunky 7759       Bunky 7760 The Impalas What Should He Do I Still Love You 1969 Bunky 7761 Mill Edwards Don't Forget About Me Use What You Got   Bunky 7762 The Impalas Whip It On Me I Still Love You 1969 Bunky 7763       Bunky 7764 The Sheppards Island Of Love Steal Away 1969 Bunky 7765 Brothers in Co-op Listen Heah Windy   Bunky 7766 The Sheppards I'm Not Wanted Your Love (Has A Hole In It) 1969

post-4408-0-13987200-1398458166_thumb.jppost-4408-0-23322900-1398458175_thumb.jp

About 10 years Mike Ritson and I did a magazine article of "Just like" on Bunky, I don't remember it all but Sheppard wanted to get Nolan Chance's recording released and convinced Scepter to back the idea. As I said long time ago. 

Social source share

Here's something you don't see everyday.

A couple of years ago a copy of the the famed Bunky release of Nolan Chance "Just Like The Weather" turned up in Australia. Soon the information and image surrounding this release found its way into the public domain and now everyone has seen what this looks like.

Cheers

Mick

Sadly I haven't anyone got a scan they can post?

TIA,

RB

Social source share

I saw this for sale on Ebay last week, also surprised to see "If he makes you" on Bunky. Don't know of any other well known NS artists, Dee Clark, Gene Chandler who came out on Bunky.

That's the copy I bought.

45 Discography for Bunky Records
Bunky 7750 The Esquires Get On Up Listen To Me 1967 Bunky 7751 Glenn Watts My Little Plaything Money Gives Everything   Bunky 7752 The Esquires And Get Away Everybody's Laughin' 1967 Bunky 7753 The Esquires You Say State Fair 1968 Bunky 7754 Skip and Ernest Sweet Darlin' Pickin' And Chippin'   Bunky 7755 The Esquires Why Can't I Stop The Feeling's Gone 1968 Bunky 7756 The Esquires How Could It Be I Know I Can 1968 Bunky 7757 Floyd Morris Bee Hive That's How I Feel   Bunky 7758 Artie Golden Bad Habits I'll Be Home   Bunky 7759       Bunky 7760 The Impalas What Should He Do I Still Love You 1969 Bunky 7761 Mill Edwards Don't Forget About Me Use What You Got   Bunky 7762 The Impalas Whip It On Me I Still Love You 1969 Bunky 7763       Bunky 7764 The Sheppards Island Of Love Steal Away 1969 Bunky 7765 Brothers in Co-op Listen Heah Windy   Bunky 7766 The Sheppards I'm Not Wanted Your Love (Has A Hole In It) 1969

attachicon.gifbunky7753promoa.jpgattachicon.gifNolan.jpg

About 10 years Mike Ritson and I did a magazine article of "Just like" on Bunky, I don't remember it all but Sheppard wanted to get Nolan Chance's recording released and convinced Scepter to back the idea. As I said long time ago. 

These two Nolan Chance / Bunky records predate the label listings above. There was no official "bunky" label at that time, I think this was more like Bill Sheppard putting his own name on the records, rather than any attempt at an official label. Soon after these two, he would go one step further and put the "Bunky's Pick" logo on various records.

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!