The Trends Dance With Me Baby

Guest gaz thomas

Guest gaz thomas

one from the the 1980s, probably a guy hennegan @ stafford spin first? (100 club in the 80s is where I heard it)

i think this is a great record, so overlooked and so powerful

any ways ........I personally think the smash demo is much rarer than people think

that is from my experience digging

but has anyone ever seen a red issue of this 45?

its well overdue a revival in my opinion

Gaz

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've had one since the record was out.  It was fairly common and easy to get on red stock.  I've seen hundreds of them.  Maybe I don't understand the question, but I can't imagine why it would be asked. 

Trends1_zpsd094cca8.jpg

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

I asked if anyone had an opinion on the red stock copy as I realised I had not personally ever seen one. I noticed ony one copy showing on Popsike. I'm not Sherlock Holmes but that would suggest to me that the stocker is pretty rare. Not many demos either really when you look, only one page

Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

I happen to think this 45 is rarer than perceived and musically overlooked, it is only my opinion but one I have aired, many soul 45s have suffered the same, even following considered play time

Social source share

popsike is barely useful for evidence of anything anymore, most of the listings have disappeared. it also frequently sells for less than $20 which is under the popsike threshhold. here's one of the ones that was up recently:

https://www.collectorsfrenzy.com/details/261383966424/28B_VG_northern_soul_The_Trends_dance_with_me_baby_45_rpm_Smash_1914_side

collectorsfrenzy does have 1 stock and 5 promos so stock is probably rarer at least

Social source share

originally played as the salvadors at nottinghams rock city in 85 by me the sold to keb who played it at Stafford  sold him cairos same night great record never gets spins these days like so many over looked side . and like stated the b.sides great to :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!