Record Hire

NEV

You need to change the venues you go to  :lol:

I went to both Northern line and later Stubshaw last night, both had a great atmosphere. The music at the former was brilliant and the latter sublime. At the Northern Line there was no repeats and limited number of top 50 NS tunes but instead included spins like Fred Hughes - I'll keep tryin, United 4 - She's putting you on, Lee Andrews - Never the less, Jeanette Williams - All of a sudden and Intruders - Check yourself. I had hoped to hear Calvin Grayson, Mel Wynn and Terrible Tom but that might have been over indulgent.   :yes:

The Stubshaw event had too many great tunes to list and the sets wouldn't have been out of place at any top venue from Big name DJ's spinning their very best numbers. I don't know the precise value of the vinyl played but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in excess of £500K.  

Both venues set the bar high and I would recommend them to anyone who is in search of something significantly better than average. :D

Social source share

I went to both Northern line and later Stubshaw last night, both had a great atmosphere. The music at the former was brilliant and the latter sublime. At the Northern Line there was no repeats and limited number of top 50 NS tunes but instead included spins like Fred Hughes - I'll keep tryin, United 4 - She's putting you on, Lee Andrews - Never the less, Jeanette Williams - All of a sudden and Intruders - Check yourself. I had hoped to hear Calvin Grayson, Mel Wynn and Terrible Tom but that might have been over indulgent.   :yes:

The Stubshaw event had too many great tunes to list and the sets wouldn't have been out of place at any top venue from Big name DJ's spinning their very best numbers. I don't know the precise value of the vinyl played but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in excess of £500K.  

Both venues set the bar high and I would recommend them to anyone who is in search of something significantly better than average. :D

think you might be stretchin it a bit at £500k lol,but the willinghams ged parker and Julian Bentley certainly played some very classy pricey items :thumbsup: .Doubt any of em will be for hire any time soon :wicked: .

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Which Mel Wynn do you like ? 

Social source share

Terrible idea Nev :ohmy: . I could see a lot of friends falling out over this. Personally i would`t lend any of my records out and would`t ask to borrow one either. If someone`s got better record/s  then you,either book them or get your promoter to do it.

Looks like this idea is on the back burner Nev :wicked:

Social source share

Terrible idea Nev :ohmy: . I could see a lot of friends falling out over this. Personally i would`t lend any of my records out and would`t ask to borrow one either. If someone`s got better record/s then you,either book them or get your promoter to do it.

Looks like this idea is on the back burner Nev :wicked:

lol, I thought the cat was outta the bag on Friday ;)
Social source share

Which Mel Wynn do you like ? 

I love Mel Wynn & Rhythm Aces - Stop sign.

I don't hear it played too often, but I played it at the Monaco a few months ago, I know Moz at Northern Line has a copy in his box and he gave it a spin last month.

Given the type of tunes played at Northern Line spinning Mel Wynn might have been too much of a good thing (if you can have too much).

KTF

Social source share

A better idea would be to hire your own suitably attired northern soul dance troupe, who would dance to every record you played, clap enthusiastically after each record, and give you a massive round of applause at the end of your set.  For added effect, they could also engage in some back slapping.  Individuals from the troupe could take it in turns to rush up to the decks on a regular basis to enquire about the record being played.

Oh, you mean like this...

https://www.rentacrowduk.co.uk/

Social source share

Can you imagine the excuses when someone returned the records trying to get their money back:

• Sorry mate, this one and this one cleared the floor
  • I played them in the order you gave them to me, but it just didn't work
  • The decks were pitched up so I ran out of records
  • i was told that this one, this one and this one are not Northern Soul
  • This cover up - Jim Johnson - let me in tender woman - everyone f*cking knew it!

Any more?

Edited by paultp
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!