Two More Barbara Mason Arctic Questions

boba

Hi. I have two questions about Barbara Mason's Arctic 45s. I've seen this listing, but question its existence. Has anyone seen this:

120 Oh How It Hurts / I Need Love (fg) (6/66)

it seems strange that there would be a press from '66 that has "oh how it hurts" instead of "bobby is my baby", esp. given that "oh how it hurts" was like her second biggest hit that happened in 1968.

My second question is that I've seen a listing of this:

137 I Can Feel Your Love Slipping Away / (12/67)

i assume it's a single sided arctic record. has anyone seen this? It also seems strange given that 137 was her hit "oh how it hurts" and already got mispressed with the wrong song on the flip (the other thread) many times.

Thanks for any help.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Sorry forgot to look at my Arctics the other night.

My 137 is Oh how it hurts / Ain't got nobody

My 142 is the "(I can feel your love) Slipping away" record.

Sounds like the discography you are looking at is probably mashed up, esp. with the 120 thing as well.

Social source share

Sorry forgot to look at my Arctics the other night.

My 137 is Oh how it hurts / Ain't got nobody

My 142 is the "(I can feel your love) Slipping away" record.

Sounds like the discography you are looking at is probably mashed up, esp. with the 120 thing as well.

I definitely know about the regular existence / numbers of the titles, the question is whether these numbers were also issued these other ways. I appreciate people looking though.

How about a more general question -- did any arctic numbers (not just barbara mason) get issued different ways (actually different recordings, not slight title variations)? Thanks again for everybody's help.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!