Jerry-O / Larry-O / Pookie Mccline / Willie Logan And The Plaids Q?

boba

I doubt the existence of two records and am looking to see if anyone here has them. Some discographies list this record:

Larry-O 101 - Willie Logan and the Plaids - You Conquered Me / She Got Another Man

The record WAS released as by Charles (Plookie) McCline on Larry-O 101, I'm looking for evidence of it being released as by Willie Logan and the plaids on Larry-O 101

also some discographies list this record:

Jerry-O 101 - Charles McCline - You conquered me / Say that you care

these titles were released as by Willie Logan and the Plaids on Jerry-O 103. I am looking for a picture / scan / evidence of it being released by Charles McCline on Jerry-O 101. There also already is a different Jerry-O 101 by Charles (Plookie) McCline.

As it is, I think these two titles do not exist. Given the confusingness of the discographies of both groups, I'm looking for a scan / pic, not a "oh i think i've seen that!" Thanks for any help.

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Also, looking at the records, I think that McCline Larry-O 101 came out AFTER the Plaids one 45 on Jerry-O 103. If you look at the matrix info on the label of the McCline "You conquored me" side on Larry-O 101, it says 103 on it. I think the Plaids came out and they reused one side of it as a b-side of the Dukays on Jerry-O 105 (which was then reissued with another b-side) and the other side as a b-side of the McCline on Larry-O 101.

Social source share

The one Plaids 45 has consecutive matrix numbers, which were reused on the other two. I'm pretty sure my theory is correct and the two records mentioned in my first post don't exist. But I'd love to be proven wrong if someone has a pic.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!