Sam Dees: Show Must Go On Lp * Original Vs. Reissue

Csta

There's a reissue out there of this great soul LP. Got a copy at home (that was sold to me as the real deal) but i'm not quite sure if it is original or not.

can anyone advice how to tell the difference?

thank so much in advance!!

christian

Social source share

Bit tricky this as the reissue cover looks identical.  Many originals seems to be in good order as well.  We had to ask around before buying ours as bit confusing. Apart from price they looks the same at least online.  Don't think the reissue sleeve comes with album adverts as seen on this original album for example?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sam-Dees-The-Show-Must-Go-On-Orig-St-1975-Atlantic-Rare-Unplayed-M-/261243863236?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3cd35900c4

Will double check matrix when home later. I knew there was some good tracks on this album beforehand but not that everyone is a winner. Amazing album :)  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

thanks to everyone so far!

also seems that the original has written "printed in U.S.A" on the back of the cover (right at the bottom), which the re-issue has not...

Great stuff cheers noticed "printed in U.S.A" on mine as well.  Matrix matched up with the Discogs link as well

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!