Reflections - Romeo & Juliet

Just wondering if anyone knows if Golden World white Demo's exist of this track, only ever seem yellow ones, and also google image search only brings up yellow issue copies, and i dont recall ever seeing a demo.

Maybe there were just stickered demos ?  :g:  

Social source share

I've never seen any, and I was looking for records in Chicago 3-4 times per week, and 1-2 Saturdays per month when it was  released and for all the months after, through April 1972.

I seem to remember some Golden World and subsidiaries using stickered stock pressings for DJs, but only for a few records.

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL ... One of my 1st US imports (as we called them, back in the day!) was this classic early rare soul sound, popular at the TWISTED WHEEL & in SOHO, The question is it to dated for todays scene, or is it the classic that was loved by so many in the early days of the rare soul scene,  

Today I have never seen a GOLDEN WORLD DEMO, & the 1st UK $taeside release as a DEMO is a hard find for collectors, I'm just lucky to have got my demo years ago (pre inter net) when the word junking for records was a big part of the collecting scene, it's all to easy to find rare records today if you have the corn? :yes: Here is my demo, I doubt if the US demo exists but I may be way wrong about that. :ohmy: DAVE K

:thumbsup: MY COPYpost-13241-0-13596700-1399144371_thumb.j

Social source share

Lana was an oldies label that only relased alternate takes of previous hit records.  That Lana record came out in late 1964 and is an alternate take.  It is fairly rare, too.  But, as it is on an oldies label, it shouldn't be too valuable.  You might note that the recordings on Lana are generally not very good quality, and those alternate takes, although interesting, are generally not as good to ANYONE'S ears (no matter what taste one has) as the hit version.  There were a few exceptions, that were better.  They tend to sell for considerably more than an oldies label record, but still not in the league of the original label records.

Social source share

Just wondering if anyone knows if Golden World white Demo's exist of this track, only ever seem yellow ones, and also google image search only brings up yellow issue copies, and i dont recall ever seeing a demo.

Would an album do ?

post-4408-0-40272200-1399153604_thumb.jp

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!