Tib Street Soul (Northern & Modern 45S)

Hi, Soul Diggers,

wonderful weather for digging and delving and seeing your record collection grow! Here's a list of Northern & Modern hardy annuals, perennials and evergreens that you can plant in the borders of your record boxes, they also look superb on turntables and decks at this time of year. If you see anything here that you like to buy then please send us a Reply or phone 0161 834 7783 to order.

1. I Lost The Only Love I Had - JOE VALENTINE (VAL)..............Mint-...................£110

2. Quiet As Is Kept - LEE ANDREWS & THE HEARTS (RCA demo).............Latin-flavoured, Showmen-type Northern dancer with elements of their "Our Love Will Grow" steamer about it, nice one..............£30

3. When - JOE SIMON (Sound Stage 7).......................VG++.................£15

4. I'll Never Stop Loving You - CLYDIE KING (Minit)..................VG++....................£25

5. Supership - GEORGE "BAD" BENSON (CTI)...........summer of 75 Mecca Monster...................Mint-......310

6. (I've Got A Feeling) You're Gonna Be Sorry / (You Make Think) You Ain't Ready - BILLY BUTLER (Okeh demo)............whatever Curtis Mayfield laid has hands on ALWAYS came out sounding great, no exception here as both sides create a good feeling wherever they're played.................VG++...................£30

7. The Monkey Time - MAJOR LANCE (Okeh)................VG++....................£15

8. Weak Spot - RUBY JOHNSON (Volt)..................Mint-.................what a voice: this lady ought to have matched strides with Aretha, a big mystery why record companies didn't provide her with more big tunes. Any 45 available on her is worth picking up..........try this gem.............£25

9. You Say You Love Me - DEE EDWARDS (Tuba)...............VG++...................£75

10. Somebody To Love - OZZ & HIS SPERLINGS (M.I.O.B.)..............VG++............high class rarity..........£80

11. You Gave Me Somebody To Love - THE DREAM LOVERS (Warner Bros.)..........VG++..........beautiful Northern soul Beat Ballad................£20

12. Forgive And Forget - BOBBY BOYD (Bark).............Mint-...........£200

13. I Keep On Keepin' On - THE CONTESSAS (E Records)...........VG++..................£25

14. Try My Lovin' On You - THE CLOVERS (Josie)..............VG++..............£125

15. I've Got A Girl - MAJOR LANCE (Mercury)...........VG++.............£100

16. I Want Someone - MAD LADS (Volt)..........Mint-...........beautiful slowie, beat ballad that opens with what could/should be a massively famous sample..................£8

17. The Soul City Walk - ARCHIE BELL & THE DRELLS (Philadelphia Int.)............VG++..............£8

18. Two Can Have A Party / You're All I Need To Get By - MARVIN GAYE & TAMMI TERRELL (Tamla Motown)..........VG++.................£7

19. Spinning Top - MOVIN' VIOLATION (Atlantic demo).........Mint-....................£8

20. I'm In Love With You - BOBBY PATTERSON (UK Action)..........Mint-...............£95

Thank you very much for looking at the list,

Cheers, Carl (Beatin' Rhythm, 108, Tib St., Manchester M4 1LR).

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!