Limmie Funk Ltd "i Cant Turn You Loose" Super Disco Edits 45'

Guest Brett F

Guest Brett F

Great previously un - released 45' out now. Just thought i'd post the link too share.

out in a few weeks on psycho/super disco edits. This lovely un-issued mid-tempo soul joint from 1978....its sat on the reels just waiting to be unearthed. And the super disco edits team have dug deep to bring it to you.....got to the website www.superdiscoedits.com sign up to the mail list to make sure you don't miss it, and for your vinyl purchases!!

Social source share

Not that much, recent copies £50 ish.....not much more for a demo really simply because people don't crave a particular style of 7 over an issue. There was a nice copy with a picture and press sheet a year or so back, now that was interesting....simply to see what had happened to Limmie after his early 70s hits.....

Social source share

Russell who lives near me has put these out. 500 copies then they are done. Very good double sider as it happens.

hi steve, are you saying that there's a '70s press of "saturday night" by "limmie funk ltd"? And that it's related to Limmie and Family Cooking? Can you give more info?

For the record, Limmie of Limmie and Family Cooking is the same person as Lemme B Goode on Mercury.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Not that much, recent copies £50 ish.....not much more for a demo really simply because people don't crave a particular style of 7 over an issue. There was a nice copy with a picture and press sheet a year or so back, now that was interesting....simply to see what had happened to Limmie after his early 70s hits.....

I'm amazed, I thought Limmie was a girl, aren't they girl vocals?

Social source share

hi steve, are you saying that there's a '70s press of "saturday night" by "limmie funk ltd"? And that it's related to Limmie and Family Cooking? Can you give more info?

For the record, Limmie of Limmie and Family Cooking is the same person as Lemme B Goode on Mercury.

Yes it is Limmie of Limmie & Family Cooking and Lemmie B Goode (Mercury etc.). L&FC were a three piece group who originally signed with Scepter, but then their producers switched them to Avco Embassy at the last minute for their first record in that incarnation. They had several hits here and settled over here as a result. After doing clubs for a few years they broke up. This was Limmie on his own, and another go at success which didn't work. 

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes it is Limmie of Limmie & Family Cooking and Lemmie B Goode (Mercury etc.). L&FC were a three piece group who originally signed with Scepter, but then their producers switched them to Avco Embassy at the last minute for their first record in that incarnation. They had several hits here and settled over here as a result. After doing clubs for a few years they broke up. This was Limmie on his own, and another go at success which didn't work. 

Steve

yeah, i'm asking if there was a release in the '70s as limmie and funk? thanks a lot.

Social source share

yeah, i'm asking if there was a release in the '70s as limmie and funk? thanks a lot.

It's just Limmie Bob. At least I think it is without digging my copy out. 'Saturday night's the night'.is a really nice dancer and lovely studio production.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

He has made quite a few over the years, dabbled with soft reggae etc. Never made it, Russ told me it took ages to get the tape for "Turn you loose" out of him….which wasn't issued in the 70s as the B side of "Saturday night" in case anyone was wondering…..

Social source share

actually I only find three post "family cooking" singles. Are these all of them? Are they all soul? are they all the same group of musicians / singers?

Limmie - You make me feel good / Get it all together - Pye (UK) 7N 45600 - [1976]

Limmie Funk Limited - Soul rules O.K. ? / We've come to the end of the road - Polydor (UK) 2058 913 [1977]

Limmie - Saturday night's the night / Party - Psycho (UK) 2604 [1978]

Social source share

Arrived today (thanks for alerting us all to it on here and for such fast service!) and got to say aside from being brilliant 70s soul to my ears, the quality of the recording and actual record + label is up there with the best new 45s I've seen in recent years...not dished, no rough edges, no loose bits of cutting inside the sleeve to potentially scratch the record when first removed to play, etc. Great. :thumbsup:

I've had the Foundations 45 on Psycho and actually regret selling it recently after seeing this cool label spinning round again just now!

Anything else planned for release like this please?

Cheers, Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!