Delcos White Demo - Is It Rare? Value Please?

paultp

I've just got a Delcos - Arabia/Those Three Little Words - Showcase 2501 White promo copy.

post-2247-1153148717.jpg

I've never seen one of these before, only seen red issues so I just wondered how rare it is and what sort of value it has. I know the issues go for 20-40 (although one sold for over 70 on eBay recently :thumbsup: ) but have no idea regarding a white demo.

All comments gratefully received, Ta.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Matt Male

I've just got a Delcos - Arabia/Those Three Little Words - Showcase 2501 White promo copy.

post-2247-1153148717.jpg

I've never seen one of these before, only seen red issues so I just wondered how rare it is and what sort of value it has. I know the issues go for 20-40 (although one sold for over 70 on eBay recently :D ) but have no idea regarding a white demo.

All comments gratefully received, Ta.

I've seen it go for at most £45, but yours looks in better condition. So, same as issue maybe?

p.s. Just had another look at yours. The demos i've seen were different, they had 'Disc Jockey' instead of 'Promotional' and the name and address of the distributer (monument records) underneath the band's name at the bottom of the label. Maybe they were boots and yours is an original demo?

If so no idea of price. I've made it even more confusing now, sorry :thumbsup:

Matt

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

I've seen it go for at most £45, but yours looks in better condition. So, same as issue maybe?

p.s. Just had another look at yours. The demos i've seen were different, they had 'Disc Jockey' instead of 'Promotional' and the name and address of the distributer (monument records) underneath the band's name at the bottom of the label. Maybe they were boots and yours is an original demo?

If so no idea of price. I've made it even more confusing now, sorry :thumbsup:

Matt

There are two releases of this. There's the Monument distrbuted release, with a red label, and there's also a green label issue (which Paul's demo is for). The green label issue, and their demos as featured in the picture, should be delta stamped 46646, indicating an April 1963 release.

I think both white label demos should easily go for around £75 Mint.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

There are two releases of this. There's the Monument distrbuted release, with a red label, and there's also a green label issue (which Paul's demo is for). The green label issue, and their demos as featured in the picture, should be delta stamped 46646, indicating an April 1963 release.

Cheers Gene,

The delta stamp is actually 46644-x and there is 45 5-403 scratched on each side with a 1 in a circle on the Little Words side and a 2 in a circle on the Arabia side. There is a faint MR stamp in a circle on both sides too.

I'm fairly sure it is an original but had no idea of value or rarity.

thanks

Paul

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Just checked on popsike and they have two different versions from Paul's. So that's three versions now. Unless one is a boot... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yes, there are three different issues. The demos you've shown here, Matt, are for both Monument issues, one of which had "fat" titling, and the other which used smaller lettering.

It was never booted on Showcase. Hope that helps.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!