Name Your Top Double Sider 45

Willie Kendrick, just for the difference between the 2 classics (Change your ways/What's that on your finger)

Nice call that Pete and in the same vein Bob Relf's two contrasting classics( Blowing My Mind To Pieces/ Girl your my kind of Wonderful)

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Ohhh, there are a few, but Rhonda Davis on Duke comes straight to mind, 'Long walk' being the better track but both great, oh and jimmy Connor on Shelly, 'the reality of life' is a massive favourite of mine ...

And the rhythm machine on Rodan to that list, I'm not a massive funk collector but they were such a good group, their best 45 IMO....

M

Edited by Mal C
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

So many, especially when one is also into deep soul and ballad flips. One off the top of my head that for me will always take some beating

Spencer Wiggins - I Can't Be Satisfied (With A Piece Of Your Love) / Take Time To Love Your Woman - Sounds of Memphis 716

Social source share

A few that spring to mind for me:-

Chubby & The Turnpikes - I didn't try / I know the inside story (Capitol)

Billy Hambric - She said goodbye / I found true love (Drum)

Clydie King - Soft and gentle ways / He always comes back to me (Imperial)

Clydie King - Our love grows deeper / Missin' my baby (Imperial)

Masqueraders - How big is big / Please take me back (Bell)

Donny Hathaway - I love you more than you'll ever know / Lord help me (Atco) deep man

Ruby - Feminine Ingenuity / Deceived (Gold Token)

The Exits - Under the street lamp / You got to have money (Gemini)

Bobby Hutton - Loving you needing you / Watch where you're going (ABC) 

Betty Everett - Nothing I wouldn't do / In your arms (ABC)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Darrell Banks - Open/Our love...........without a doubt my first choice!

Terri Bryant - Geni/When I'm in your arms

Supremes - Love is like an itching/He's all I got

Bobby Sheen - I may not be what you want/Something new to do

Del Larks - Job Opening Parts 1 & 2

Social source share

for me its gotta be Jimmy Mack bw Third finnga left hand , thats a bargain issue  for 6 shillings and 3 pence or was it 6 shillings and 9 pence ?

Jimmy Mack is a great choice, along with Love is here and now you're gone/There's no stopping us now. I thought it was 6/8d then they went up to 7/6d. I know when they were 7/6d (1970 ish) it was the same money for a week's school dinners and I used to buy a single with my dinner money and cadge my dinner from the 1st years at the chippy. I got so well known by the woman in the shop that she used to let me behind the counter so I could just go through all the old stax/motown and put them away to stop anyone else getting them. Of course you could still order some of them before they became deleted.

Social source share

I thought we were talking about 2 belting northern tunes? A lot of these choices are chalk & cheese records. And please lets not descend into who can imbed the most youtube lips. We are all capable of finding stuff on youtube, thank you.

Social source share

tobi lark - sweep it out in the shed/challenge my love

tobi lark  happiness is here/talkin bout love

commands - hey its love/aint got time

barbara mercer - call on me/so real

doris troy - face up to the truth/he's qualified

carol anderson - takin my mind off love/don't worry

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source