Samanthas Sheffield

Another FREE all nighter hosted by John Vincent. 2 rooms, 10 dj's, plus collectors room/

Admission by ticket only. 9.00pm -6.00am, licenced bar til 6.00 :thumbsup:

I have 10 tickets to give away.

PM me with your address and they'll go in the post tonight.

• Replies 92
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Another FREE all nighter hosted by John Vincent. 2 rooms, 10 dj's, plus collectors room/

Admission by ticket only. 9.00pm -6.00am, licenced bar til 6.00 :yes:

Hey up Steve, bout time you got into Johns ribs about a Modern room at Sammys.

3 rooms, an oldies room, another oldies room & errr let me guess - another oldies room.

Wasn't Sammys a progressive venue in the 70s?

Have a word with John & let's make it so again whistling.gif

Bound to get a few more punters in me thinks :lol:

Mart...

Guest ShaneH

3 rooms, an oldies room, another oldies room & errr let me guess - another oldies room.

Have a word with John & let's make it so again :yes:

Bound to get a few more punters in me thinks :lol:

Mart...

don't know about a modern room. loads of clubs in town playing that stuff you like martin whistling.gif:lol:

i would certainly like to see a 'something different' room though. i have told john on many occasions to no avail :( i would like to see dj's who don't normally get the big bookings given a chance. plenty of quality dj's around.

can't see the point of having the main room playing majority oldies and the 2nd room playing even more oldies.

it is a shame because i really think we would see a lot more of the travelling nighter crowd down there. give them something worth travelling for cos you can hear the stuff being played in that big room in any town/city on a saturday night.

i would also have the record dealers room playing 100% RnB. Plenty of people in our area are travelling out of town every week to hear quality RnB.

enough of what i think anyway :yes: see ya down there :D

Shane

i would certainly like to see a 'something different' room though. i have told john on many occasions to no avail :lol: i would like to see dj's who don't normally get the big bookings given a chance. plenty of quality dj's around.

can't see the point of having the main room playing majority oldies and the 2nd room playing even more oldies.

it is a shame because i really think we would see a lot more of the travelling nighter crowd down there. give them something worth travelling for cos you can hear the stuff being played in that big room in any town/city on a saturday night.

Totally agree with you Shane, been to loads of places and the second room is playing what you would expect in the main room whistling.gif pointless IMO,

I would travel if there was summin differnt on offer :yes:

don't know about a modern room. loads of clubs in town playing that stuff you like martin whistling.gif:lol:

i would certainly like to see a 'something different' room though. i have told john on many occasions to no avail :D i would like to see dj's who don't normally get the big bookings given a chance. plenty of quality dj's around.

i would also have the record dealers room playing 100% RnB. Plenty of people in our area are travelling out of town every week to hear quality RnB.

enough of what i think anyway :lol: see ya down there :yes:

Shane

Sorry Shane but i've pointed out before that there aint any clubs in town playing the stuff i like & even if they were they certainly don't draw the sort of people i like.

Not only that there are plenty of people out there who like a bit of everything & would drift from room to room.

Totally agree with you about the RnB room as it would attract some folks from the main room & some new faces as well but don't you think a Modern room would do the same :yes: .

Mart...

Sorry Shane but i've pointed out before that there aint any clubs in town playing the stuff i like & even if they were they certainly don't draw the sort of people i like.

Not only that there are plenty of people out there who like a bit of everything & would drift from room to room.

Totally agree with you about the RnB room as it would attract some folks from the main room & some new faces as well but don't you think a Modern room would do the same whistling.gif .

Mart...

Yarr,

But wouldn't the new-fangled Soul attendees bugger off at about 3am?

Tis more an early finish 'scene' in my albeit limited experience,

aharr.

Yarr,

But wouldn't the new-fangled Soul attendees bugger off at about 3am?

Tis more an early finish 'scene' in my albeit limited experience,

aharr.

Maybe they would Joe but is'nt it better to have extra folks there for 6 hours than not at all?

Guest ShaneH

Totally agree with you about the RnB room as it would attract some folks from the main room & some new faces as well but don't you think a Modern room would do the same :yes: .

Mart...

only joking martin :lol:

i would give the modern lads and lasses a couple of hours in the 'other room' for sure. look at middleton for example. this is one of the most successful events around these days. quality throughout all rooms and each room couldn't be more different. i don't just measure the success of an event on numbers through the door. to me success is also about leaving an impression, moving things forward and being good enough to attract punters from the other side of the country on a regular basis.

however, the main room at sams can be quite good at times if not a little inconsistent at other times imo.

for all my comments you can not deny the fact that sams gets plenty of people thru the doors. so credit where its due whistling.gif

Shane

Have a word with John & let's make it so again shades.gif

Bound to get a few more punters in me thinks :yes:

Mart...

Just in from a lengthy afternnon session so thought I'd (try) and respond....

So anyway.... if you got your arse down there Martin then you'd know it ain't three rooms of what you state above.... and apologies for not suggesting to John to have a "niche" come "boom boom" come "everyday nightclub" room to satisfy the minority blush.gif:yes: ....

Also for the record for other readers.... it is a FREE NITER, as Steve originally stated, offering two (well three if you count the record bar) rooms of musical choice....

Main Room goes along the lines of the "niters today" theme.... which can, of course, have the odd oldie or two played depending on DJ on at the time.... as niters do do today....

2nd room is exclusively the "out and out" oldies stuff like from Sammy's and other "well known" niters.... opens later than the main room and closes, usually, before main room finishes....

The "record bar" room that I usually sort out for John has "invited guests" who get to play "what they want" from their play boxes.... no bollotics, just "soul" music.... any genre, any era.... it opens "whenever" and closes "whenever".... usually guided by when people are there browsing or buying tunes.... the option being they can ask whoever is on the decks to give the tune they are thinking of buying a spin "out loud"....

Reading other responses that followed this one indicate that either too many people "have ideas" of what should be done/played in a room at a venue or they pass comments of some sort when they have never actually been or are coming along :yes: ....

Rant over :yes: .... and it's not even my venue :lol::P .... just get "fed up" of some things posted or stated on here lately, not just in this part of the forum :sleep3: ....

Oh, and by the way, getting back ON TOPIC.... I got given a fair few more tickets than Steve so if he runs out feel free to PM or e-mail if you want one :thumbsup: ....

Admission by ticket only. 9.00pm -6.00am, licenced bar til 6.00 blush.gif

Who is John Vincent ? :yes: some body famous ?

:thumbsup::yes:

span

So anyway.... if you got your arse down there Martin then you'd know it ain't three rooms of what you state above.... and apologies for not suggesting to John to have a "niche" come "boom boom" come "everyday nightclub" room to satisfy the minority shades.gif:yes: ....

Also for the record for other readers.... it is a FREE NITER, as Steve originally stated, offering two (well three if you count the record bar) rooms of musical choice....

Main Room goes along the lines of the "niters today" theme.... which can, of course, have the odd oldie or two played depending on DJ on at the time.... as niters do do today....

2nd room is exclusively the "out and out" oldies stuff like from Sammy's and other "well known" niters.... opens later than the main room and closes, usually, before main room finishes....

The "record bar" room that I usually sort out for John has "invited guests" who get to play "what they want" from their play boxes.... no bollotics, just "soul" music.... any genre, any era.... it opens "whenever" and closes "whenever".... usually guided by when people are there browsing or buying tunes.... the option being they can ask whoever is on the decks to give the tune they are thinking of buying a spin "out loud"....

Reading other responses that followed this one indicate that either too many people "have ideas" of what should be done/played in a room at a venue or they pass comments of some sort when they have never actually been or are coming along :sleep3: ....

Rant over :yes: .... and it's not even my venue :yes::P .... just get "fed up" of some things posted or stated on here lately, not just in this part of the forum :lol: ....

Oh, and by the way, getting back ON TOPIC.... I got given a fair few more tickets than Steve so if he runs out feel free to PM or e-mail if you want one blush.gif ....

Good post Mark! :yes:

I for one have got fed up with people coming on this site to deride events they never even attend, or worse still trying to sabotage other's promotions... now that is Naughty! :thumbsup: And it seems to happen in every other thread!

Edited by Dave
Guest ShaneH

god i only had a suggestion for the small room!

thats it!

i would just like to see something different in my home town (well 15 miles away now blush.gif ). its more a request than a criticism anyway. i would also like to be able to recommend the event to people i know round the country too :yes: its all positive stuff.

not trying to change the world. i do attend by the way :yes:

Shane

:thumbsup:

Edited by ShaneH

Good post Mark! yes.gif

I for one have got fed up with opinionated pricks coming on this site to deride events they never even attend,

But surley thats what the forum is all about expressing your oppinions, allthough as long as they are constructive, as that is what the site is for. and a good promoter will take on bord any views people might have :yes:

but i do agree sometimes they can be made just to put a venue down :thumbsup:

But surley thats what the forum is all about expressing your oppinions, allthough as long as they are constructive, as that is what the site is for. and a good promoter will take on bord any views people might have yes.gif

but i do agree sometimes they can be made just to put a venue down :yes:

Sorry... that was the point I was trying to make mate :thumbsup:

thats it!

i would just like to see something different in my home town (well 15 miles away now shades.gif ). its more a request than a criticism anyway. i would also like to be able to recommend the event to people i know round the country too :yes: its all positive stuff.

not trying to change the world. i do attend by the way :yes:

Shane

Has that room not already represented a bit of progress then Shane? yes.gif

I'm sure Joe, Karl and myself could do 6 hours of R&B if you wanted, but it don't suit everybody's taste. :sleep3:

Sorry... that was the point I was trying to make mate :yes:

That wasn't a site veiw or 'mod' post Dave, just my oppinion, shades.gif sorry if it came accross like that.

Any way think i will have to get up to a Sams one night just to catch up with some of the Shefield rascals, especially that "Mark Etherige" i've not "seen" "him" for quite a "long" time "now" :thumbsup::sleep3::yes:

Guest ShaneH

Has that room not already represented a bit of progress then Shane? :thumbsup:

I'm sure Joe, Karl and myself could do 6 hours of R&B if you wanted, but it don't suit everybody's taste. :yes:

well if they dont like it they can have wander round the other rooms. simple. thats the benefits of 3 rooms but you can't enjoy the benefit if the rooms are too similar. that was my original point and suggestion.

shane

well if they dont like it they can have wander round the other rooms. simple. thats the benefits of 3 rooms but you can't enjoy the benefit if the rooms are too similar. that was my original point and suggestion.

shane

Oh! Is that what you meant? I see now. :yes:

So anyway.... if you got your arse down there Martin then you'd know it ain't three rooms of what you state above.... and apologies for not suggesting to John to have a "niche" come "boom boom" come "everyday nightclub" room to satisfy the minority blush.gif:yes: ....

Reading other responses that followed this one indicate that either too many people "have ideas" of what should be done/played in a room at a venue or they pass comments of some sort when they have never actually been or are coming along shades.gif ....

Rant over :yes: .... and it's not even my venue :sleep3::yes: .... just get "fed up" of some things posted or stated on here lately, not just in this part of the forum :yes: ....

Oh, and by the way, getting back ON TOPIC.... I got given a fair few more tickets than Steve so if he runs out feel free to PM or e-mail if you want one :thumbsup: ....

OK Mark, chill out mate. Was just suggesting it would be nice to see a modern room at a nighter in South Yorks.

Maybe i did go a bit OTT with my oldies comments & i apologise for that, perhaps i should have said 60s & early 70s orientated (perhaps an apology for the "boom boom" comments wouldn't go amiss).

I'm sure John would welcome constructive criticism regarding his venue if made in a sensible manner & if you read my other posts on this thread i'm sure you will see what i mean.

The main reason i posted on this thread was to give it a bump as a supporter of South Yorkshire venue's regardless of what they play & i will support them until the day i die. Don't forget Mark i have still got boxes full of 60s soul that i still love just as much now as the day i bought them.

Regarding me not attending the recent nighters at Sammys maybe i would have if there had been a modern room. Don't forget i have attended several of John's other nights & i did a revue of the Polish club on the night Hammy attended for my Manifesto column.

At the recent Bass museum event in Burton On Trent there were at least 40 people there from Sheffield alone so the market for a modern room at a Sheffield nighter is there & IMO an occasional modern room at Sammys would go down well (dont forget in the 70s Sammys was a cutting edge venue that prided itself on breaking new sounds).

Anyway Mark, save me a ticket for the next night at Sammys & we will discuss this further over a beer or three (thats if i'm still welcome :lol: )

Mart...

Admission by ticket only. 9.00pm -6.00am, licenced bar til 6.00 :yes:

thats it!

i would just like to see something different in my home town (well 15 miles away now :sleep3: ). its more a request than a criticism anyway. i would also like to be able to recommend the event to people i know round the country too :yes: its all positive stuff.

Shane

I know you were only suggesting summat Shane.... I was "on one" after a bad day, followed by a gallon or two of "coolant" that didn't really have a cooling effect, just a wobble home effect :lol: .... so I felt like being mischievous via the keyboard when I read Martin's post shades.gif ....

shane

As for rooms it is actually a two roomed event as mentioned in "rant".... I'm sure with a little persausion off folks John could always make the 2nd "out and out oldies" room into something else every now and again.... I think the only thing in its way is that half the folks that come actually do want the "old Sammy's sounds" and its "ilke" hence sticking with that in there....

The "record bar" came about as an idea of John's to have some music in there.... no particular format other than not being what was on offer in the two main rooms... more a chill out, sit and listen alternative whilst browsing through the sales boxes.... I know the likes of Dave, Joe and Ged Parker got to air alternative soulful things where you haven't got a dance floor to please.... and I think it has been quite a refreshing alternative for people that chose to stick around for a while and listen, and pick up on a few titles to add to their collection....

Any way think i will have to get up to a Sams one night just to catch up with some of the Shefield rascals, especially that "Mark Etherige" i've not "seen" "him" for quite a "long" time "now"

"""" blush.gif """".... one up to you Baz.... but you will have to join us "rascals" for a few beers....

OK Mark, chill out mate. Was just suggesting it would be nice to see a modern room at a nighter in South Yorks.

Maybe i did go a bit OTT with my oldies comments & i apologise for that, perhaps i should have said 60s & early 70s orientated (perhaps an apology for the "boom boom" comments wouldn't go amiss).

I'm sure John would welcome constructive criticism regarding his venue if made in a sensible manner & if you read my other posts on this thread i'm sure you will see what i mean.

The main reason i posted on this thread was to give it a bump as a supporter of South Yorkshire venue's regardless of what they play & i will support them until the day i die. Don't forget Mark i have still got boxes full of 60s soul that i still love just as much now as the day i bought them.

Regarding me not attending the recent nighters at Sammys maybe i would have if there had been a modern room. Don't forget i have attended several of John's other nights & i did a revue of the Polish club on the night Hammy attended for my Manifesto column.

At the recent Bass museum event in Burton On Trent there were at least 40 people there from Sheffield alone so the market for a modern room at a Sheffield nighter is there & IMO an occasional modern room at Sammys would go down well (dont forget in the 70s Sammys was a cutting edge venue that prided itself on breaking new sounds).

Anyway Mark, save me a ticket for the next night at Sammys & we will discuss this further over a beer or three (thats if i'm still welcome :yes: )

Mart...

As said above Martin, was being mischieveous.... including the "boom boom" comments as I know you always bite on that one.... bait box and rod withdrawn and packed away now...

But do we have to discuss it again.... seems that'll make it the umpteenth time we've done this particular topic.... we'll just stick to the beer or three :thumbsup: ....

Anyway.... another coffee with a couple of paracetamol for me now before getting off to work.... ooh, me 'ed....

Edited by vaultofsouler

I know you were only suggesting summat Shane.... I was "on one" after a bad day, followed by a gallon or two of "coolant" that didn't really have a cooling effect, just a wobble home effect :yes: .... so I felt like being mischievous via the keyboard when I read Martin's post :sleep3: ....

As for rooms it is actually a two roomed event as mentioned in "rant".... I'm sure with a little persausion off folks John could always make the 2nd "out and out oldies" room into something else every now and again.... I think the only thing in its way is that half the folks that come actually do want the "old Sammy's sounds" and its "ilke" hence sticking with that in there....

The "record bar" came about as an idea of John's to have some music in there.... no particular format other than not being what was on offer in the two main rooms... more a chill out, sit and listen alternative whilst browsing through the sales boxes.... I know the likes of Dave, Joe and Ged Parker got to air alternative soulful things where you haven't got a dance floor to please.... and I think it has been quite a refreshing alternative for people that chose to stick around for a while and listen, and pick up on a few titles to add to their collection....

"""" :yes: """".... one up to you Baz.... but you will have to join us "rascals" for a few beers....

As said above Martin, was being mischieveous.... including the "boom boom" comments as I know you always bite on that one.... bait box and rod withdrawn and packed away now...

But do we have to discuss it again.... seems that'll make it the umpteenth time we've done this particular topic.... we'll just stick to the beer or three :thumbsup: ....

Anyway.... another coffee with a couple of paracetamol for me now before getting off to work.... ooh, me 'ed....

An everyday tale of Sheffield folk........................... laugh.gif

Are you trying to emulate the Stoke/SSCDT threads. tongue.gif

Anyway,

Samanthas ALL Nighter 2nd December, free tickets available from Norris Coleman (Vaultofsouler) or myself Just pm your address

Good post Mark! :yes:

I for one have got fed up with opinionated pricks coming on this site to deride events they never even attend, or worse still trying to sabotage other's promotions... now that is Naughty! :thumbsup:

You coming to spin some yee hah music Dave ? tongue.gif

It could have done with a bit more RnB in the middle room as it went virtually all Northern last time. Defeats the object imo.

HELLO CAN I HAVE 2 OF THEM TICKETS PLEASE ASHLEY.WEAVER@NTLWORLD.COM IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET IN A FREE ONE I GO TO MOST OF THE NITERS IN UK

No problem Ashley. Just pm me your address

Steve

Guest ShaneH

An everyday tale of Sheffield folk........................... :yes:

Are you trying to emulate the Stoke/SSCDT threads. :yes:

Anyway,

Samanthas ALL Nighter 2nd December, free tickets available from Norris Coleman (Vaultofsouler) or myself Just pm your address

it seems ages ago since we had people discussing what day their bin was collected :sleep3:

who is norris coleman tongue.gif

he lost it last night. i reckon he must have had a tough day with the zombies :lol:

what's the dj line up anyway? any good un's? laugh.gif

Shane

Edited by ShaneH

:yes:

it seems ages ago since we had people discussing what day their bin was collected :yes:

who is norris coleman :sleep3:

he lost it last night. i reckon he must have had a tough day with the zombies tongue.gif

what's the dj line up anyway? any good un's? :thumbsup:

Shane

:yes:

You've been posting on the Corrie thread as an expert and you don't know who Norris Coleman is. He works in the Legion on Rosserman Street. :lol:

Had his own " CC " I reckon.

I'm on. Along with Badger Killer Bill. laugh.gif

[

But do we have to discuss it again.... seems that'll make it the umpteenth time we've done this particular topic.... we'll just stick to the beer or three :lol: ....

You coming to spin some yee hah music Dave ? :D

It could have done with a bit more RnB in the middle room as it went virtually all Northern last time. Defeats the object imo.

No problem Ashley. Just pm me your address

Steve

I hope to get up there as usual Steve, and you can have more R&B if you want. :yes:

Now stop picking on Mark! :yes:

Guest Brett F

i'll be at this, plus i'm bringing some crossover/ 70's for the third room(like i did the nighter before last), and if you don't like it then shove it. :thumbsup: ps Mark is it invite onlyfor 3rd room ?(playwise i mean)

Brett

av-1284.jpg

Mark, I am a bit baffled by this. When did you have Bernard Manning at Ponds Forge? :D:yes:

Troy Dodds and Ritchie Pitt were there when Bernard just happened to pop up from his stint downstairs in the Comedy Club and he then decided to jump in with us before the flash went off....

Other than that Dave I have no idea....

i'll be at this, plus i'm bringing some crossover/ 70's for the third room(like i did the nighter before last), and if you don't like it then shove it. :lol: ps Mark is it invite onlyfor 3rd room ?(playwise i mean)

Brett

It is "invite" Brett.... John just leaves it for me to sort some DJs....

I take it your self inviting your self :ohmy: .... again :lol: ....

Started reading this thread just to find out if the night in Sheffield was any good... feel a bit bamboozled now!

So... is it any good? hehe! Think I'll give it a go and see for myself!

Well i had the pleasure of DJ'ing at the last Allnighter alongside the likes of Steve Manion, Dave Rimmer, John Vincent etc. and i really enjoyed the night, the music in the main room was first class well it was when i was on anyway....lol, serious now it's a most enjoyable session and certainly a venue i would like to DJ at again sometime in the future.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest ShaneH

Started reading this thread just to find out if the night in Sheffield was any good... feel a bit bamboozled now!

So... is it any good? hehe! Think I'll give it a go and see for myself!

it is a good night yes. always plenty in attendance and enough decent tunes throughout the night imo.

shane

ps. would still change the small room tho :thumbsup::lol:

it is a good night yes. always plenty in attendance and enough decent tunes throughout the night imo.

shane

ps. would still change the small room tho :lol::D

Don't you start me off again Shane :D

Think Mr Etherige has been for a beer tonight so we best watch what we say :D

See you Saturday mate :thumbsup:

Don't you start me off again Shane :lol:

Think Mr Etherige has been for a beer tonight so we best watch what we say :D

See you Saturday mate :D

i) It doesn't take much with you Martin :D ....

ii) Yes I have and yes you'd better :D ....

iii) You might not do carrying on like this :thumbsup: ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Guest realsoulfan

i) It doesn't take much with you Martin :D ....

ii) Yes I have and yes you'd better :lol: ....

iii) You might not do carrying on like this :thumbsup: ....

I´ll see you all on sat touch wood :D

Cool, thanks Mark. I'll deffo give it a go!

get down sheffield way , you know it makes mr bickers says so

The "small room" is not a room really Shane :lol: .... there's two other "rooms" on offer to "blag" off John :yes: .... the record sellers room, the 3rd or "small" as you refer to it, is not up for negotiation :lol: .... :P:P ....

You wish Mark :lol::P:lol:

nb

The "small room" is not a room really Shane :lol: .... there's two other "rooms" on offer to "blag" off John :lol: .... the record sellers room, the 3rd or "small" as you refer to it, is not up for negotiation :P .... :P:lol: ....

Shane, he's power mad :lol: Has he become a moderator ? :yes:

Guest ShaneH

yes see ya'll saturday in R*therh*m

shane

you need a new keyboard,

rob

nah

i am trying not to use abusive/disturbing language :unsure:

shane

Put me down for a spot in the Etheridge suite please Mark :shades:

:shades: .... but it ain't the E suite Steve.... just summat John asks me to sort for him.... one less headache for him I suppose....

Do you fancy sorting a few other names for him in there instead?.... seriously.... I've got a few for starters for you if you want to....