Walter Jackson - Only 60's Film Footage In Existence ?

Excellent….can you imagine being in the audience for that….

i don't think there is an audience, he is in the audience, it's a set shot for TV.

is this dick clark? there's tons of amazing but unreleased footage from american bandstand. i've noticed some of it leak out recently. i've heard stories of dick clark not wanting any of it released.

Social source share

i don't think there is an audience, he is in the audience, it's a set shot for TV.

is this dick clark? there's tons of amazing but unreleased footage from american bandstand. i've noticed some of it leak out recently. i've heard stories of dick clark not wanting any of it released.

Bob, we need Roburt here, to come on with one of his "pastiches" of Walter Jackson concerts from old magazines, then we'll know whether he appeared there or not….don't think it's Dick Clark, but I might be wrong. 

Social source share

Yes Bob, it is indeed Dick Clark's voice. He created Where The Action Is as a spin off of American Bandstand. However he never appeared in person on the show although he did the voice overs to introduce the artists clips .

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Bob, we need Roburt here, to come on with one of his "pastiches" of Walter Jackson concerts from old magazines, then we'll know whether he appeared there or not….don't think it's Dick Clark, but I might be wrong. 

I think you mean then we'll know a bunch of completely random unrelated info :)

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Kerrso

Walter Jackson is an artist who is very dear to the hearts of so many soul fans and in particular many on here.

The search for some film footage of the man had come up with nothing for so long but finally came across this.

Here he is from 18 August 1965 on US TV show ' Where The Action Is ' performing his classic ' Welcome Home ' :

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!