The Zodiacs 'hey Rough Nut' On Purple Crs: Bootleg?

Howdy, 

I was going through a few price quotations on popsike earlier this afternoon when my attention was struck by something peculiar. I know of 2 releases of the abovesaid record, but what was still obscure to me was the purple crs issue..My question is: is it a bootleg or another alternative release to the regular blue coloured CRS one? I'll provide you with the right link to understand what I'm talking about. I'd be thankful if anyone could throw a bit more light on the topic, as I'm going nuts to figure a proper explanation out.. https://www.popsike.com/FUNK-45ZODIACSHEY-RUGH-NUTCRSLISTEN/310773262969.html

Regards,

Davide

Edited by davidemodmi
Social source share

Howdy, 

I was going through a few price quotations on popsike earlier this afternoon when my attention was struck by something peculiar. I know of 2 releases of the abovesaid record, but what was still obscure to me was the purple crs issue..My question is: is it a bootleg or another alternative release to the regular blue coloured CRS one? I'll provide you with the right link to understand what I'm talking about. I'd be thankful if anyone could throw a bit more light on the topic, as I'm going nuts to figure a proper explanation out.. https://www.popsike.com/FUNK-45ZODIACSHEY-RUGH-NUTCRSLISTEN/310773262969.html

Regards,

Davide

it might have been booted but i think the image in that link just looks more purple because of the scanner. the seller on that auction is john anderson who definitely did not sell a bootleg.

Social source share

It hasn't been bootlegged as far as I know, but there is an official reissue done by Tramp Records in Germany.

The difference between the original and reissue can easily be spotted because the reissue has got "Licensed by Curtis R. Staten" at the bottom of the label.

REISSUE:

post-1392-0-69234500-1399882441_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Rough Nut is slightly different take, I thought DCOM was the same on both. I only have the Zodiac copy so cant compare.

Great double sider.

Fantastic 45! :thumbsup:

There is added brass and "sweetening" to the CRS version of "Don't Change On Me", the ZODIAC release is more sparse.

The ZODIAC version can be heard starting at 15:39 in this mix:

https://www.mixcloud.com/shingaling/sebastian-fonzeus-mix-2013-05-30/

Here's the CRS version:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

it might have been booted but i think the image in that link just looks more purple because of the scanner. the seller on that auction is john anderson who definitely did not sell a bootleg.

I can confirm that!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!