Originals Young Train / Young Ideas Question

boba
Go to solution Solved by Val (Chunky),

there are scans of two different presses of this record in popsike. here they are

post-5120-0-87592100-1400023927_thumb.jp

post-5120-0-18827200-1400023971_thumb.jp

one of them says "PR-1" (or possibly PR-I) as the catalog number and the other one has no catalog number. The problem is that they are scans of different sides of the record. There are obviously two pressings of the record based on the pics, but my question is -- does one pressing have no catalog number and the other one have a catalog number, or is the PR-1 catalog number only on the A-side of the record? Thanks in advance!

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yeah, everyone needs a copy.

I just noticed that pure magic "I care from you" from 1979, which was also a motown production with no label name, is PR-47. That means that there probably were motown products PR-2 through PR-46 that were released with no label names. Were all those released and anyone have any idea what they were?

Social source share

Yeah, everyone needs a copy.

I just noticed that pure magic "I care from you" from 1979, which was also a motown production with no label name, is PR-47. That means that there probably were motown products PR-2 through PR-46 that were released with no label names. Were all those released and anyone have any idea what they were?

There was something about this on Soulful Detroit Bob, indeed there were a number of them and they did get listed there by someone.

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

also, in that list, PR-1 is listed as a diana ross / marvin gaye single, did the number get reused?

i keep meaning to start a thread on the buddah SP-# records, those are really interesting to me. A few things on curtom, a few things on buddah, etc.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!