Anne Sexton Gig

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Only connected in the name, I used to license still images to various record companies in the 9ts for an agency I represented. Got a call from acid jazz records one day, by somebody who was asked to call some images in for one of their projects,  she gave her name 'Ann Sexton' and I said 'Really?' she replied yes my names Ann Sexton, I said you must get this all the time, but your obviously aware of the singer of the same name, and honest to god she had never heard of her.

How can that be, working for acid Jazz Records, your names Ann sexton, but you have no idea of the history of that name... I was stunned, but I  quickly explained, and even offered to send her a CD, early years for the internet here remember, but she didn't seem bothered..

Thought I'd heard it all...

Malcolm

Social source share

Only connected in the name, I used to license still images to various record companies in the 9ts for an agency I represented. Got a call from acid jazz records one day, by somebody who was asked to call some images in for one of their projects,  she gave her name 'Ann Sexton' and I said 'Really?' she replied yes my names Ann Sexton, I said you must get this all the time, but your obviously aware of the singer of the same name, and honest to god she had never heard of her.

How can that be, working for acid Jazz Records, your names Ann sexton, but you have no idea of the history of that name... I was stunned, but I  quickly explained, and even offered to send her a CD, early years for the internet here remember, but she didn't seem bothered..

Thought I'd heard it all...

Malcolm

its the same where i work selling retreads for lorries malcolm the ladies in the office have been there years but know fcuk all about tread patterns tyre sizes ect and show no interest in doing so, now looking up hairdressers ect on the net well that's a completely different kettle of fish.

atb

kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!