If I Ever Sell Up

Simon T

If I ever sell up………….

Ever been in this situation either on the ‘promised’ side or ‘obligated’ side?

1) “If I ever sell up, the Frank Wilson’s yours, honest you’ve got first refusal, being my best mate”

2) “Sell it to me, being your best mate, and if I ever sell up, you can have first refusal on it, and for what I’m paying you for it now”

Is all fair in love & war, & record collecting?

Some I’ve been told:

“Well that was 15 years ago when it was £100, sorry, I’ve been offered £1000 it now and I need the money”!

“Sorry mate, I’ve let it go, didn’t think you would be able to afford it, and didn’t want to embarrass you by turning your offer down”.

“Had to let it go as part of a job lot”

“Sorry mate, thought you’d already got one, so let it go”

Any one had any similar experiences?

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

If I ever sell up.............

Ever been in this situation either on the 'promised' side or 'obligated' side?

1) "If I ever sell up, the Frank Wilson's yours, honest you've got first refusal, being my best mate"

2) "Sell it to me, being your best mate, and if I ever sell up, you can have first refusal on it, and for what I'm paying you for it now"

Is all fair in love & war, & record collecting?

Some I've been told:

"Well that was 15 years ago when it was £100, sorry, I've been offered £1000 it now and I need the money"!

"Sorry mate, I've let it go, didn't think you would be able to afford it, and didn't want to embarrass you by turning your offer down".

"Had to let it go as part of a job lot"

"Sorry mate, thought you'd already got one, so let it go"

Any one had any similar experiences?

:(

I thought it was a sales pitch and you had rare records for sale. Four Tracks, Al Williams, Paris, George Lemons, John and the Weirdest, that sort of thing, etc etc etc .

Gutted :thumbsup:

Social source share

:(

I thought it was a sales pitch and you had rare records for sale. Four Tracks, Al Williams, Paris, George Lemons, John and the Weirdest, that sort of thing, etc etc etc .

Gutted :thumbsup:

I don't think I've got any rare records. Just some that now I am selling up that I've sort of promised, but I acctualy a letting them go as a job lot, and wondered if anyone else had had to let their 'mate' down' or been let down by a mate who has sold up.. I've not heard of any of the above, could you put some sound files up of them please.

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

You should always offer them to your mates first, with a slight discount on the going rate, if they feel it's too much then the open market. You haven't really let them down then, as they should understand you want as much as you can get for them, and they had first chance of securing a long time want. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!