Judy Street Interview Via Lancashire Evening Post

just had this passed on...

Northern Soul icon Judy Street lands in the North-West this week. MALCOLM WYATT spoke to her via a video link from her home in Nashville...

Forty-five years after recording one of Northern Soul’s most-coveted tracks of all time, Judy Street is heading to Lancashire.

Tennessee-based Judy headlines Preston’s Got Soul this Friday at 53 Degrees, promoting her new Cover Girl CD.
And she’s also performing the following night in the town that made her name — Wigan — at the Swinley, Saturday, May 17.
Before she heads home she’ll also have played Edinburgh’s Minto Hotel (Friday, May 23), Manchester’s new Twisted Wheel (Sunday, May 25), and Bolton’s Rumworth Hall (Friday, May 30).

Judy only recorded two songs in the 1960s, yet passed into....

full article via the below

https://www.lep.co.uk/what-s-on/music/i-love-people-dancing-to-what-in-a-kebab-hut-1-6619365

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest eulalie

I heard on Facebook just now that's she's been refused entry to the UK due to not having the correct work permit.

Edited by eulalie
Social source share

Subtle, but I got it SteveS60.....I know immigration are a law unto themselves sometimes, but sorting out work permits for a short term 5 day visit etc. is nothing new is it? Interested to know was it left to Judy, or the promotors to get this right. Am not interested in seeing her, just interested to know who's fault this really is (apart from the Tories of course).

Social source share

Subtle, but I got it SteveS60.....I know immigration are a law unto themselves sometimes, but sorting out work permits for a short term 5 day visit etc. is nothing new is it? Interested to know was it left to Judy, or the promotors to get this right. Am not interested in seeing her, just interested to know who's fault this really is (apart from the Tories of course).

Could always blame immigrants.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert