Soundtrack - Northern Soul The Film

Yep. 

Ian D  :D

Ian I think you produced this?? if so well done Sir it is a great set and a credit to all involved I need to buy another to keep it sealed!!! The records all sound great, book (signed by Elaine) is great, poster the whole thing!

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Well, I work at a leading satellite broadcaster and I have been wandering around the corridors with my earphones on listening to the tracks as loud as possible to drown out the noise of sport, people constantly talking about sport, and 'bad news' banter! Within about .00002 seconds I have a smile on my face and tapping my feet (if I am sat down having a coffee). I am starting to appreciate some of these tracks more than ever. 

Social source share

Well, what an amazing ride it's been! As of today the "Northern Soul" soundtrack is still riding high @ No.9 in the national UK Compilation Chart Top 10, some 6 weeks after it's release! It's spent half it's life in the Top 10 album chart without the benefit of a TV campaign or high-level marketing which is almost unheard of these days. People power!

Lw Posn Posn Title Artist Label Company

1        1      KEEP CALM AND CHILLOUT VARIOUS ARTISTS SONY MUSIC CG SONY MUSIC CG

2        2      SILENCE IS GOLDEN VARIOUS ARTISTS SONY MUSIC CG SONY MUSIC CG

3        3      NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC 88 VARIOUS ARTISTS SONY MUSIC CG/VIRGIN EMI SONY MUSIC CG/VIRGIN EMI

NEW      4      ANNIE MAC PRESENTS 2014 VARIOUS ARTISTS VIRGIN VIRGIN EMI 

4        5      FROZEN ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK WALT DISNEY UMC

NEW      6      MOODS - A WORLD OF EMOTIONS VARIOUS ARTISTS UMTV UMTV

NEW      7      HOLLYOAKS - THE ALBUM VARIOUS ARTISTS SONY MUSIC CG SONY MUSIC CG

5        8      NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL DRIVE VARIOUS ARTISTS SONY MUSIC CG/VIRGIN EMI SONY MUSIC CG/VIRGIN EMI

8        9      NORTHERN SOUL ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK HARMLESS DEMON MUSIC

6      10      THE ONLY WAY IS ESSEX - DANCE ANTHEMS VARIOUS ARTISTS WARNER MUSIC TV RHINO (WARNERS)

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Well, what an amazing ride it's been! As of today the "Northern Soul" soundtrack is still riding high @ No.9 in the national UK Compilation Chart Top 10, some 6 weeks after it's release! It's spent half it's life in the Top 10 album chart without the benefit of a TV campaign or high-level marketing which is almost unheard of these days. People power!

Lw Posn Posn Title Artist Label Company

1        1      KEEP CALM AND CHILLOUT VARIOUS ARTISTS SONY MUSIC CG SONY MUSIC CG

2        2      SILENCE IS GOLDEN VARIOUS ARTISTS SONY MUSIC CG SONY MUSIC CG

3        3      NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC 88 VARIOUS ARTISTS SONY MUSIC CG/VIRGIN EMI SONY MUSIC CG/VIRGIN EMI

NEW      4      ANNIE MAC PRESENTS 2014 VARIOUS ARTISTS VIRGIN VIRGIN EMI 

4        5      FROZEN ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK WALT DISNEY UMC

NEW      6      MOODS - A WORLD OF EMOTIONS VARIOUS ARTISTS UMTV UMTV

NEW      7      HOLLYOAKS - THE ALBUM VARIOUS ARTISTS SONY MUSIC CG SONY MUSIC CG

5        8      NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL DRIVE VARIOUS ARTISTS SONY MUSIC CG/VIRGIN EMI SONY MUSIC CG/VIRGIN EMI

8        9      NORTHERN SOUL ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK HARMLESS DEMON MUSIC

6      10      THE ONLY WAY IS ESSEX - DANCE ANTHEMS VARIOUS ARTISTS WARNER MUSIC TV RHINO (WARNERS)

Some quality stuff in that chart :lol:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

I wish to register a complaint :thumbsup:   Despite my cynicism bought the CD  I have always loved Lou Pride but never owned it on any format consequently whenever I heard it , it was special .

Now Mr Dewhurst I have it pounding out of my 13 speaker Harmon Cardon system in my car when ever I want its not going to be special for to long is it ? :rofl:

See what you have done ? :rofl:

Eddie Parker I,m gone next :ohmy:

You bloody bugger :thumbup:

Social source share

I wish to register a complaint :thumbsup:   Despite my cynicism bought the CD  I have always loved Lou Pride but never owned it on any format consequently whenever I heard it , it was special .

Now Mr Dewhurst I have it pounding out of my 13 speaker Harmon Cardon system in my car when ever I want its not going to be special for to long is it ? :rofl:

Musical democracy in action!  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It may get better for you, Xmas is coming and Santa may get you another couple of speakers so add to the 13 you already have so the sound may get better than your previous experience. :yes:

I bought the 45's but hope Santa will bring me the CD so I can enjoy the tunes when travelling on business. 

I wonder if the CD could become a Xmas No1; perhaps if the SS community ask Santa for the CD it could make the grade. :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!