Geater - Breath Taking Girl - House Of Orange

With my record buying boots firmly back on (been 15 years) I have another request.

Does any have valuation/availability (sadly, I don't have one) of Geater - Breath Taking Girl - House of Orange (1982).

Supposedly not as hard as Where Ever You Are on Sun Belt, but I have never seen one and hopefully I won't be in for a shock.

John

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

With my record buying boots firmly back on (been 15 years) I have another request.

Does any have valuation/availability (sadly, I don't have one) of Geater - Breath Taking Girl - House of Orange (1982).

Supposedly not as hard as Where Ever You Are on Sun Belt, but I have never seen one and hopefully I won't be in for a shock.

John

£160 last time I saw it for sale John, but you're right, its rarely ever seen.

"Wherever You Are" is a rarer item, but less indemand, perhaps because its a gorgeous deepie as opposed to a dancer!

Last seen at £75.00 (But I wouldn't part with my copy for that).

Good Luck

Sean

Social source share

£160 last time I saw it for sale John, but you're right, its rarely ever seen.

"Wherever You Are" is a rarer item, but less indemand, perhaps because its a gorgeous deepie as opposed to a dancer!

Last seen at £75.00 (But I wouldn't part with my copy for that).

Good Luck

Sean

I am quite plesently surprised, if you can be pleasently surprised at £160. We've seen the price for dancers over the years rocket up and I'm glad this has not gone up in the way of other big tunes like the Bill Brandons, Sam Dees, Tavasco, etc (even though a different decade). Maybe it was never privy to the spotlight like the others.

How many time have you asked for a tune from a dealer, who said, "No I haven't got one, it's not in demand" and give you a ball park price and then find it offered for 3 times or more when you finally see it. Oh the joy and pain of collecting.

Where Ever You Are is up there in my deep, hall of fame I've always wondered when it was cut late 70's/early 80's as it is hard to tell. The House of Orange Album I think is really good too.

I wonder if there are any more Jeater/Geater Davis tunes that have not seen the light of day yet?

Social source share

John

I looked for this for a few years without having heard it - just seen it on old playlists - and remember being disappointed when I finally did. A very early modern sound that to me sounds quite dated. Only seen one other copy since then.

Girf

Social source share

I looked for this for a few years without having heard it - just seen it on old playlists - and remember being disappointed when I finally did. A very early modern sound that to me sounds quite dated. Only seen one other copy since then.

Girf

I have been playing this at -4 (minimum) and it sounds much better suited to todays dancefloors as the actual records plays at about 125 bpm!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually have a spare of this (and his Sunbelt 45 for that matter) as we speak..........could be a monster in the right hands whistling.gif

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Never seen one for sale .. I know Tad and Simon T have one each though ..

:yes:

You’re seriously mistaken Simon, I don’t have one and never have, just pretended to have, to make myself popular on the scene. Don’t have any vinyl, never had.

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

Strange record, never really gets going / goes anywhere. Anyone know why the label is a different design to other HoO releases? Was it his last outing? I know he died of a heart attack in 1984 aged 38.

I'm quite surprised at the amount of responses, many thanks.

I think the old HoO closed it's doors in the 70's and I think this was an attempt to bring the label back to life. I don't know of any other records on the new HoO, any help?

Steve, I will PM you later tonight, if that is okay

John

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!