The Best Record Boxes For Sale

- Have done a quick search on here cos I'm after a nice record box, not a cheap run of the mill one but a 100 count one of a good quality

Cant find anything in search results so can anyone point me in a direction of some decent ones or provide any links

Would appreciate any help if you have a spare 2 minutes

Thanks

Ian

Social source share

- Have done a quick search on here cos I'm after a nice record box, not a cheap run of the mill one but a 100 count one of a good quality

Cant find anything in search results so can anyone point me in a direction of some decent ones or provide any links

Would appreciate any help if you have a spare 2 minutes

Thanks

Ian

Swan flight or Blacka are really good strong boxes :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hmm.... good point - didn't think about it Pete, its for a present so needs to be or look virtually new, anything fit the bill?

Will have a look tomorrow. I"m not exagerrating when I say there are at least a dozen boxes in there.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

After being put in a position that forced me to sell all my treasured vinyl 3-4 years ago I still have about 15 LP boxes (most like new) kicking around that will never be of use to me again - free to good homes if peeps either wanna collect, or live between cambridge and the north east whereby I could arrange to drop off on my regular business travels - ideally north and east of the A14 and M1 respectively plus  the A1 corridor north of the M62 up to Newcastle.. And Scotch Corner up to Carlisle!

If of any interest to anyone please drop me a pm to discuss/arrange.   :yes:

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

After being put in a position that forced me to sell all my treasured vinyl 3-4 years ago I still have about 15 LP boxes (most like new) kicking around that will never be of use to me again - free to good homes if peeps either wanna collect, or live between cambridge and the north east whereby I could arrange to drop off on my regular business travels - ideally north and east of the A14 and M1 respectively plus  the A1 corridor north of the M62 up to Newcastle.. And Scotch Corner up to Carlisle!

If of any interest to anyone please drop me a pm to discuss/arrange.   :yes:

Er, what are LP's?  :D

• Helpful 3
Social source share

a bit bigger ….. and not a box …… but i've got one of these. light and easy to carry, keeps records safe too due to the padding.

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/magma-7-single-bag-150-ii-black/341640-01/

I have one, great apart from DJing with, a nightmare when pulling records up, pull a few up and then go to pull a few more up and the first lot fall back down again, have to pull them out of the box/bag completely, then there's always the chance you won't put em back,

Social source share

A mate of mine has a couple of boxes for sale. A matching 12" and 7" pair ……. looking for £90 plus postage i think:

10175005_10152412446229312_8350895630602

He can also make them to order, he does about 4 different sizes from 100 x 7" upwards. I can find out but i think they are around £60 or so plus postage. great quality.

Social source share

I saw the rolls Royce of record boxes,at Va Va voom.on sat being sold by Nick Brown...Hand made in highly polished walnut..200 quid a box.

Hi,

Thanks for your kind comments, Kevin;

For those who weren't there to see, this is what Kevin's talking about:

post-2281-0-71952000-1401922748_thumb.jppost-2281-0-55503500-1401922781_thumb.jppost-2281-0-00083600-1401922856_thumb.jppost-2281-0-46263000-1401922891_thumb.jp

The walnut is the bit around the edges (a heavily rippled walnut veneer that's not too common to find) - the centre panels are maple burr veneer; the handle is white nappa leather; theinlay on the top is tulipwood; the base is finished with felt to match the lining and the lining itself is antique (genuine 19th Century) silk velvet, unused deadstock from the 1890s which I had a lucky hit on.  

It's a hobby of mine but I can make them to order - effectively a bespoke box where you choose your own veneers and linings (I've got a wide range of both).  It takes about a month to make one and the cost is £200 (I can do a 50 size to the same specs for £120), though the one here would be 20% extra because of the antique silk velvet, which isn't cheap.   

Ian, If this fits the bill (it's a 100 box, by the way), then get in touch and I'll see what I can do, though if you're up against a deadline (you mention it's a present), it may be a problem getting it to you in time. 

Naturally, if anyone else is after something a bit special like this, PM me and I'll give you more details.  They're popular as presents, but do give a good lead-in time, as other people may have the same idea (eg at Christmas!)

One thing I have to make clear, though, they're not intended for baggage handlers - you need to treat them like you would your records, so if you're looking for something that will stand a beating these aren't for you.  If however, you want a kind of fine presentation box to use as a home for your fine vinyl, then this might be a good option for you.

All the best,

Nick

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!