SINGLE 6

The Isley Brothers — Sure Is A Whole Lotta Woman

Barbara McNair — I Know Better

SINGLE 7

The Velvelettes — That’s A Funny Way

The Originals — Don’t Stop Now

• Helpful 2
Social source share

is the contours the same as the dennis edwards " Take Him Back If It Makes You Happy" that was on some sort of pressing a few years back. if it is its superb!

Sounds the same to me, although I've grown to like The Fantastic Four version better!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

From Universal: “For Volume 2 a few changes to the box packaging have been made. We have adapted the label copy insert into a more substantial four page card leaflet.  Vinyl will also be manufactured at Optimal to give the authentic push out centre hole of the time.  Sleeves will be paper rather than gloss card.  The selection of tracks again represent highly sought after vinyl releases compiled by journalist and DJ Richard Searling.  Boxes will be limited edition and numbered.”

I made a promise to myself that I would resist buying volume 2, but the track list and changes noted above have made it impossible to resist...
Social source share

Guest nickw

Guys, please please try and support your  independent record shop if you can, this is £48 pre-order at ours!  :thumbsup:

Social source share

I'm still p*ssed off about the limited edition rip off - 2000 limited edition (then we'll just keep selling it) - that's not a limited edition.

I'm going to buy this second box set but as Pete says, it does look a bit dull. Who has compiled it?

Cheers

Social source share

hi andy..i hadnt heard it until richard played it at blackpool...totally blew me away...sounds perfect as far as i can tell

Yes! Sounded go to me on the Sunday afternoon at Blackpool Tower :)  :thumbsup: One Question? Did they ever catch the culprit behind the Gladys Knight & The Pips-If you ever get your hands on love, boot. The recording was very good , but label very poor. About 10/12years ago.  Rod

Social source share

I'm still p*ssed off about the limited edition rip off - 2000 limited edition (then we'll just keep selling it) - that's not a limited edition.

I'm going to buy this second box set but as Pete says, it does look a bit dull. Who has compiled it?

Cheers

It's not the first time Amazon have pulled the 'Limited Edition' scam.......:-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_in_Mono

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Recordings-Original-recording-remastered/dp/B00G2HSR5A/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1401193188&sr=8-8&keywords=the+beatles+mono+box

Dave

Social source share

Dave,

It's not Amazon who are producing it, they are just sellers. The blame in this case is Universal, and for the Beatles, EMI, who have done the dirty.

Cheers

Mick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mrstosspot

Keep hoping for a release of Brenda Holloway Lonely Boy, would but a set for that one alone.

me too, Simon Hunt has this on an acetate :thumbsup: 

Social source share

Dave,

It's not Amazon who are producing it, they are just sellers. The blame in this case is Universal, and for the Beatles, EMI, who have done the dirty.

Cheers

Mick

I wouldn't be surprised if the big retailers, Amazon probably being the biggest, would have asked Universal to supply more box sets when they sold all of their initial allocation.  This may have prompted Universal to press more copies of the so called Limited Edition.  Universal should have just left it at 2,000 sets, but probably wanted to make more money.  Let's see if they keep it to a limited run for Volume 2.

Edited by Steve S 60
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

just got my Motown box set vol 2 delivered fantastic my fav got to be the Temps Angel Doll

I take it Universal have learnt from the mistakes of Volume One, i.e. missing / duplicate records and poor quality pressings.  I've been putting off ordering this box set until it gets a thumbs up from customers, as the last one was a bit of a lottery.

Social source share

I take it Universal have learnt from the mistakes of Volume One, i.e. missing / duplicate records and poor quality pressings.  I've been putting off ordering this box set until it gets a thumbs up from customers, as the last one was a bit of a lottery.

mines spot on no problems at all

Edited by mickjay33
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!