Proper List From Me... Remainder Reduced

Pete S

SOME ORIGINALS FOR SALE

01902 326306

pete.smith@freeuk.com

BARBARA LYNN — I DON’T WANT A PLAYBOY — TRIBE DJ                                   EX       50 SOLD

Rare on white demo. Some paper scuffs, plays fine.

BILLY JOE ROYAL — HEART’S DESIRE — COLUMBIA DJ                                         EX       40 SOLD

Another scarce demo, Torch classic

JO ANN KING — LET THEM LOVE AND BE LOVED — FAIRMOUNT DEMO                        EX       65

Wigan oldie, two good sides, striped label

CHUCK WOOD — SEVEN DAYS TOO LONG — ROULETTE                                      EX       40 SOLD

Would have been 50 but has a stain on the label underneath the Roulette logo where name has been rubbed out

TWO PEOPLE — STOP, LEAVE MY HEART ALONE — REVUE DEMO                     EX       185

Fab copy

ROSE VALENTINE — I GOTTA KNOW RIGHT NOW — RCA DEMO                         EX       60

Nice Cats oldie

JOHNNY JONES & THE KING CASUALS — PURPLE HAZE — BRUNSWICK             EX       25 SOLD

Another Cats oldie

OTIS BLACKWELL — IT’S ALL OVER ME — EPIC DEMO                                         EX       60 SOLD

Classic Wigan / Mecca oldie

PEG LEG MOFFETT — THE SHOCKER — PEACHTREE                                             EX       45

Wigan dancer, Wilson Pickett cover up

ART WHEELER — COMING ATTRACTIONS — DOT DEMO                                      EX       40

Totally forgotten uptempo oldie

BARBARA LEWIS — I REMEMBER THE FEELING — ATLANTIC DEMO                  EX       40

Looks stunning on this red/white demo

LOU EDWARDS — TALKIN’ BOUT POOR FOLKS — COLUMBIA DEMO                  EX       50 SOLD

All time classic

ILA VAN — CAN’T HELP LOVING THAT MAN OF MINE — ROULETTE                   VG+     30 SOLD

Very scarce stock copy but bit of crackle at the start hence price

THE TRENDS — GONNA HAVE TO SHOW YOU — ABC                                            VG++   120

Plays great — rare stock copy

DOROTHY BERRY — YOU BETTER WATCH OUT — PLANETARY                           EX       120

Never mind the record, the label looks beautiful as well!

RONNIE FORTE — THAT WAS WHISKEY TALKIN’ — TARX                                    EX       250 SOLD

Awesome double sider with Nervous Breakdown on flip side

DOTTIE CAMBRIDGE — CRY YOUR EYES OUT — MGM DEMO                              EX       70 SOLD

Great oldie

SAM MOULTRIE — I’LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU — WARREN                                        EX       100 SOLD

Nice black original — best version

THE CHARMAINES — ETERNALLY — DATE DEMO                                                  EX       50

Forgotten Mecca oldie — bootlegged as The Sweet Things

VELVET HAMMER — HAPPY — SOOZI                                                                      M-       165

Unplayed. Multi coloured label.

MOSES SMITH — THE GIRL ACROSS THE STREET — DIONN                                 EX       100 SOLD

100% original. B side scuff at start so VG+ for that side. 

paypal is pete.smith@freeuk.com

POSTAGE IS £2.50 FOR FIRST 3 RECORDS IN THE UK (RECORDED)

SPECIAL DELIVERY IS RECOMMENDED FOR RARER ITEMS!  COST £7.10
OVERSEAS WILL QUOTE BUT IT’S USUALLY £9 EUROPE AND £10 ELSEWHERE FOR REGISTERED POSTAGE.
CHEERS
PETE

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

I was off getting a cup of tea and missed this list going up....  that funky to my torso would have found a place to live at my house! 

:thumbsup:

Social source share

A gene chandler reference ?

I'll tell you.

When they first played this at Wigan, Paul said "what's that record that goes funky to my torso" and it was actually "talk about poor folks".

MY mate Tom thought that when she was singing "Larue", Lada Edmund Jr was singing "The Move"

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'll tell you.

When they first played this at Wigan, Paul said "what's that record that goes funky to my torso" and it was actually "talk about poor folks".

MY mate Tom thought that when she was singing "Larue", Lada Edmund Jr was singing "The Move"

:P

Social source share

I'll tell you.

As oppose to Pete singing the opening line of Marie Knight "that's no way to treat a girl" .......    # You're just a rhombus.....that your lips placed on mine #

Edited by MrC
Social source share

Guest Dani Herranz

Great price on Barbara Lynn "I don´t want a playboy", tough to find and it always flies within seconds!!!, her best record IMO

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!