A Strange Request?

Is there anybody in the yorkshire area (either male or female) that 'rates themselves'as good dancer and is willing to pass on a 'few tips'? I'm looking for sombody that can spare approx. 2 hours a week to provide dance tuition & l'll pay! How does £25 per hour sound? NB. This is not 'a wind up'! Cheers. :dance: :dance:

Social source share

• Replies 48
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is there anybody in the yorkshire area (either male or female) that 'rates themselves'as good dancer and is willing to pass on a 'few tips'? I'm looking for sombody that can spare approx. 2 hours a week to provide dance tuition & l'll pay! How does £25 per hour sound? NB. This is not 'a wind up'! Cheers. :dance: :dance:

My advice is, dont matter what you do on the dance floor as long as your enjoying it, would rather watch people with smiles on there face's, than watch two people trying to 'outdance' each other, just do what feels good :thumbsup:

And welcome aboard :yes:

Social source share

Social source share

My advice is, dont matter what you do on the dance floor as long as your enjoying it, would rather watch people with smiles on there face's, than watch two people trying to 'outdance' each other, just do what feels good :thumbsup:

True! But it gets frustrating at times when l'd like to eg. stomp and can't. I wouldn't be trying to outdance anybody just trying to increase the enjoyment factor! I have a smile on my face when a see 'good dancers'

And welcome aboard :yes:

Social source share

Hiya and welcome to the mad house!

If you're serious then none other than Paul from Sheffield ... best male dancer I know ...

Although as Baz says above, just do what you feel comfortable with on the floor, everyone has their own style :yes:

Social source share

i have a mate who has been trying to learn how to dancefor over 20yrs and i have giveen up but he never ever stops trying and he dont have to pay nobody a penny most of the fun is in learning stage .now i can do a bit spins ect ,but to start with i took a table out .and all the drinks and left 3 lads sat looking over at each other with me on the floor saying sorry (notts palis).so get out and teach yourself and good look (it dont hurt as much as they say)

Social source share

I'm pretty sure i speak for practically everybody on here.... nobody gives a rats arse what you look like on the outside... it's what you feel on the inside that matters.... dance for yourself mate ... no one else...

..... & paying someone £25 an hour isn't going to teach you that... because that's something that can't be taught... not at any price.

Oh... and welcome to the mad house that is Soul Source :yes:

Social source share

I'm pretty sure i speak for practically everybody on here.... nobody gives a rats arse what you look like on the outside... it's what you feel on the inside that matters.... dance for yourself mate ... no one else...

..... & paying someone £25 an hour isn't going to teach you that... because that's something that can't be taught... not at any price.

Oh... and welcome to the mad house that is Soul Source :yes:

Social source share

Ok, Ok, I get the message. I'll just keep on practising & enjoying my nights out. Was nice to get some feed back, I appreciate it.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

As long as you don't dance to slow and silly. There's a few i seen but just dance to enjoy yourself. Or copy from a DVD, the moves shown

Social source share

As long as you don't dance to slow and silly.

:boxing:

So how exactely are you supposed to dance to greats like 'I have no choice'.......spin around at 100mph? :thumbsup:

Social source share

:boxing:

So how exactely are you supposed to dance to greats like 'I have no choice'.......spin around at 100mph? :thumbsup:

PMSL !!!

hILARIOUS - nICE ONE!!

NEIL

Social source share

If soul music grips your heart, put your fave tunes on, pull the curtains and practice. :thumbsup:

Social source share

just remember before you swallow dive take your change out yer pockets :thumbsup:

notts palais 78, did anyone pick it up ?

How long did it take you to work out that if you pushed your pockets and their contents into your undies you could swallow dive, handstand etc without a worry. :boxing:sad.gif

Social source share

How long did it take you to work out that if you pushed your pockets and their contents into your undies you could swallow dive, handstand etc without a worry. :thumbsup::boxing:

you only do it once ! sad.gif

Social source share

I think its Kirsty who does the swallow dive the best :thumbsup::boxing: ..She is from Yorkshire too..

Did you mean me or t'other one, Mr Cato sad.gif .

He could always come to the Wilton tonight, for the big dance off, with me & Kenny :yes:

Social source share

My advice is, dont matter what you do on the dance floor as long as your enjoying it, would rather watch people with smiles on there face's, than watch two people trying to 'outdance' each other, just do what feels good :wicked:

And welcome aboard :lol:

I agree :yes::lol:

Social source share

As a lot of them have said it doesn't matter.....it all comes from the HEART :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

4 years ago after my knee operation i couldnt dance and i still cant now but when i do try i dont care because im in a world of me own just buzzing to the greatset music man could ever wish for, and thats coming from an old ska boy. just enjoy !!! :lol::wicked:

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

00:26 Testing the sound on the digi cam Tags:northern soul dancingAdded: 2 weeks ago in Category: Music

Views: 476 star_sm.gifstar_sm.gifstar_sm.gifstar_sm.gifstar_sm_bg.gif 1 ratingcant get the link up, know it was up here before

maybe someone else can help. you tube

I have been told that it is not a good idea to encourage Liam like this, as it goes to his head a bit :lol::wicked:

Social source share

Guest SteveA

But why does nobody dance with a smile on their face? Everybody I see dances poker-faced (& later shit faced). Is dancing that serious a business?

I'd like a dancing tip (besides "don't").

Spins - best done on the ball of the foot or the heel?

Social source share

But why does nobody dance with a smile on their face? Everybody I see dances poker-faced (& later shit faced). Is dancing that serious a business?

I've been thinking of this too since I saw a video of myself dancing at a soul do looking totally depressed and almost angry on the floor.

After seeing that video I've now tried to smile a bit more while dancing :P , but I've soon given up. I guess that when you're concentrated on not bumping into those around you at the same time as you're (hopefully) listening to music that is so good that it almost hurts :yes: , smiling becomes more difficult. Plus, you use more muscles when you're smiling than if you're just poker-faced and dancing is hard work as it is. Shame that my default state is looking angry... :P

Social source share

As a lot of them have said it doesn't matter.....it all comes from the HEART :P

That's it. :yes:

If you have a refined enough ear in the first place to recognize that this rare soul malarkey is a good thing. Then you'll probably have the smarts to shuffle adequately anyway.

However you look matters not a fig to the crowd. No one will take the pish if you're enjoying yourself. That's the thing, imo it should be you making your moves. Not paying twenty five quid to dance like him.

Soul music - in through the ears, out through the feet .. :P

Social source share

I have been told that it is not a good idea to encourage Liam like this, as it goes to his head a bit :D:D

ha :thumbsup: Kevin i'll give em to you for £15 an hour! :D:D deal? heehee :D

This boy wont be seeing a dancefloor for a while as i fractured a bone in my foot and been told i'll be on my crutches for a further 4-5 weeks :lol: :angry: i dont care i'll get up with my crutches if i have too i couldnt sit still for certain songs when they come on..

Liam

Social source share

yer right about not givin a toss though when u feel that urge inside and your on your feet its just you and the music.. i tend to look like a grumpy and angry man when i dance too..only time i really remember smiling lots at a soul do was at Soul or Nothing when Karl Rhodes, Joan, Rich and Dan played such bloody freekin amazing sets full of sounds i never heard before maan i was smiling!!!

L

Edited by toodarnsoulful
Social source share

I must say I`d pay £25 an hour to learn to dance....but its never going to happen, i just havent got it....to be honest I always wanted to be a dancer but realised i was`nt going to make it...thats why i started DJing!! Now i just dance for myself....

I must admit i made a comment in the modern room in Prestatyn this year, after seeing the best dancer I`ve ever seen "I`d give all of my records to be able to dance like that"...i got a few laughs....but i meant it!!

Chris

Social source share

Wasn't the Trickster doing some consultancy in London town?

You might have to pay his train fare and travel time :lol:

Yes he did while ago and everyone who came along had a great time. :lol:

Social source share

Just do what you feel like, looking good might be cool but if you need to go on a Royal Marines Commando course just to get there, kinda defeats the object. A woman I know recently joined the NS scene, watched others dance, got on the floor and did her own thing. She said she stopped worrying about what others thought after about 5 minutes. As someone else said, nobody cares..................don't believe me ? Then you haven't seen Johnny Redpants dance. Chris L

:lol:

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

Just do what you feel like, looking good might be cool but if you need to go on a Royal Marines Commando course just to get there, kinda defeats the object. A woman I know recently joined the NS scene, watched others dance, got on the floor and did her own thing. She said she stopped worrying about what others thought after about 5 minutes. As someone else said, nobody cares..................don't believe me ? Then you haven't seen Johnny Redpants dance. Chris L

shhh.gif

Ha-ha!! :lol: Went to Sydney Soul Weekender last year and had the honour to get to know Mr Redpants. He is a legend on the dancefloor!! Really nice bloke and knows lots about the music. An Aussie star!!!

Social source share

I have to say, reading this thread has set my mind at rest! I often watch everyone and think... 'oh crikey I'm sure I just don't look that cool when I dance'!! But hey, from what everyone's saying it really doesn't matter! Like everyone else when the tunes come on I just can't NOT dance! So, I shall now happily carry on doing what I do and it seems to get me through!! At the end of the day I just love it. I guess that's a bonus of not knowing anyone, I really don't care what anyone thinks!

Mate, watch people, give a fancy move a try if you feel the desire and REALLY don't give a monkeys what anyone else thinks. As has already been said, it's just you and the music and as long as you're enjoying it then that's what will feel good.

Social source share

Will that include tips on how to do the "Aycliffe Soul Slouch" Kev ?

Yes , but only to Kae Williams :wicked:

Just off to practice for tonight :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!