Soul Diggin' Weekend

Hi Soul Lovers, 

With a nice long weekend to look forward to here's a list of Modern & Northern Soul 45s to check out; if you see anything you'd like to buy then please send a Reply or phone us on 0161 834 7783 to order or reserve an item.

1. One Grain Of Sand - MITCH RYDER & THE DETROIT WHEELS (New Voice)...........VG++............on the flip of their stomper "Too Many Fish In The Sea" is this brilliant Northern Soul Beat Ballad that is worthy of some serious airplay, being all you'd expect of that genre and is along the lines of "This Diamond Ring", don't let this pearl slip through the net!!!.............................£10

2. Lady Soul - THE TEMPTATIONS (Gordy).................VG++..........becoming a much-liked Modern Soul romancer.........£10

3. Daylight - BOBBY WOMACK (United Artists).............VG++..................£10

4. Fool On The Street - RICK JAMES (Gordy demo)...........Mint-....in-demand Modern room spin, upbeat dancer, not in the least bit funky, great crossover.............£15

5. Tell Her / Hold Your Horses - JIMMY SOUL CLARK (Moira)..........Mint-............fantastic Detroit Northern Soul double-sider arranged by Popcorn Wylie and produced by him and Tony Hestor, a winning combination for any dancer, real powerhouse Northern....................£15

6. Coming Back For More - WILLIAM BELL (Mercury)..............VG++..................£7

7. I'm So Lucky (She Loves Me) / Say It Isn't So - THE FASCINATIONS (Mayfield demo).................Mint-.......£45.

8. I Can't Stand No More Heart Aches - THE EMOTIONS (Brainstorm)..........Mint-...............recommended for future spins, sounds impressive at high volume, strong Northern dancer.................£15

9. This Town's Too Much - THE MIGHTY MARVELLOWS (ABC)...................Mint-.................£20

10. He's a Lover - TUTTI HILL (Arock)...........VG++...................£25

11. Make Sure - THE DELLS (Cadet).............VG++.................£15..........to anyone not owning this already, it's a Top, Top Recommendation a 100% pleaser...................PICK OF THE LIST

12. You Walked Into My Life - JERRY BUTLER (Mercury)............VG++.........MAGNIFICENT Northern Soul Beat Ballad but not deadly slow, very danceable and if you've just played Make Sure by The Dells this cracker would be a treat of a follow-on..............what a DJ, where's he from?................£15

13. I'd Be Greatful - BROTHERS OF SOUL (Boo)..............VG++...........picking up lots of plays these days.........................£120 

14. It's All Right - THE IMPRESSIONS (ABC-Paramount)..............VG++....................£8

15. I Got To Love You - JESSE BOONE & THE OUTLAWS (Soul-Po-Tion)...........Mint-...............£25

16. Let Me Go - BIG MAYBELLE (Port).....................VG++....................£30

17. Don't Make Me A Story Teller - STEVE MANCHA (Groovesville)................VG++.................£35

18. Mellow Moonlight - LEON HAYWOOD (Decca)...............VG++.......................£25

19. Searching / I Need Some Loving (inst.) - MELL HOUSTON (Cez Vista)................VG++..................£120

20. You Took Our Heart (That Was Torn To Pieces) - TOTAL ECLIPES (Right-On)................Mint-..........£20

21. Sweet Way Of Loving Me  - PEGGY GAINES (Ref-O-Ree)............Mint-...............................£15

22. Meet Me Halfway - WILLIE G (Ric-Tic)...........Mint-..................£15

23. It's All Over Now - THE VALENTINOS (SAR)..............VG++..............£15

24. Baby You Move Me - BEN AIKEN (Loma demo)............VG++..............£10

25. Hung Up On Your Love - THE MONTCLAIRS (Paula)............Mint-.........wrongly-labelled as "How Can One Man Live"....................£45

26. The Beginning Of My Life - THE CHIMES (Down To Earth).............Mint-........very, very classy vocal group Northern Soul dancer and when you flip it over there's a lovely instrumental version called "Coming Changes"........................£35

27. I Don't Know How (To Fall Out Of Love) - THE PERSIANS (GWP)................VG++...............£20

28. Oh Yes Baby I Love You So - GERONIMO & THE APACHES (Galiko)..............VG++.................£20

29. I'm In Love With You - BOBBY PATTERSON (Action)................Mint-.................£95

30. Arise And Shine (Let's Get It On) - THE INDEPENDENTS (Wand)..............Mint-..................should be a top sound by now...................£10

31. Ghetto Train - LUTHER INGRAM (KoKo)...............VG++....................£8

Thank you for reading through the list,

Cheers, Carl (Beatin' Rhythm)

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now