Advise On A Ebay Transaction

what do you think gang?

im from the uk,i bought a record from the usa on ebay.com,i paid for the record immediatley which included,cost of record,priority posatge,and customs,i paid through paypal from my paypal balance,i expected after a couple of days to see a tracking number in 'my ebay' but there wasnt,so i messaged him,he replied after 2 more days with a tracking number,i checked it out,and it showed posted and in transit,i checked today after 2 more days,and it shows as delivered to kentucky usa.

his feedback is quite low,he doesnt sell records as a rule

the speed in which he responds and the lack of feedback makes me uneasy

what do i do?

thanks

Social source share

Sounds like

a. He's given you the wrong tracking number (easy mistake I've had it happen to me)

b. USP is routing it via Kentucky which is why its showing as that location (i've had records sent all over the US before arriving here)

c. He's sent the wrong item to the wrong person.

First port of call is back to the seller for an explanation. If nothing satisfactory comes back then it should go to Ebay dispute.

You've not said what timescale this is. If its recent be patient, but if its been going on for some time, maybe Ebay is the next step.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Send him another message telling him exactly that and see what his response is. Maybe tell us his Ebay username, perhaps another member has had dealings with him. A slow response to a message is  not out of the ordinary, some folk only check in from time to time.

Your covered by Paypal so if it goes t!ts up you`ll get your money back. 

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Sounds like

a. He's given you the wrong tracking number (easy mistake I've had it happen to me)

b. USP is routing it via Kentucky which is why its showing as that location (i've had records sent all over the US before arriving here)

c. He's sent the wrong item to the wrong person.

First port of call is back to the seller for an explanation. If nothing satisfactory comes back then it should go to Ebay dispute.

You've not said what timescale this is. If its recent be patient, but if its been going on for some time, maybe Ebay is the next step.

great advice fella's...that will do me...thanks

Edited by dobber
Social source share

Has it been purchased through the Ebay Global Shipping Programme - you mentioned you paid the customs charges

If it has you are fully covered - if anything goes wrong Ebay have to refund both your costs to the seller and Pitney Bowes

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Has it been purchased through the Ebay Global Shipping Programme - you mentioned you paid the customs charges

If it has you are fully covered - if anything goes wrong Ebay have to refund both your costs to the seller and Pitney Bowes

yes it was through that,but is it down to the seller to type in the tracking number in the dispatched part of 'my ebay' or do ebay do that,because there wasnt a tracking number,but he sent me the number through the ebay message

Social source share

ive just checked the tracking info again,and it says delivered to ERLANGER, KY 41018 pitney bowes....is that a sorting office which will in turn send it to me,or is it the end of the line?

Social source share

Don't worry. From Erlanger it will most probably be sent straight to you. That's the usual routine. But be patient, ebay global shipping programme is not a fast service...

sounds good to my friend,the usps site  is confusing, when you put the tracking number in,it comes up delivered! when in actual fact its not!

Social source share

It takes much longer because it's going through a third party - it will get delivered to you by a courier rather than Royal Mail

The last one I got was damaged and I just lodged a claim with Ebay

They paid me all my costs - as a matter of courtesy they said, which is total crap because they're fully liable in all instances under their Global Shipping Programme

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!