Larry Clinton On Ebay

interesting q and a

He didn't say he would declare the full value on the customs form and he didn't say he wouldn't. A straighter answer might be required if I was bidding to be honest.

For those with smaller pockets and/or no concerns about originality:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARRY-CLINTON-SHES-WANTED-/181423638131?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2a3db10673

Why is 'not for sale' over-written I wonder?

Social source share

He didn't say he would declare the full value on the customs form and he didn't say he wouldn't. A straighter answer might be required if I was bidding to be honest.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARRY-CLINTON-SHES-WANTED-/181423638131?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2a3db10673

It often is - it's when they leak out to the public and they are frightened they may get in trouble if they sell it so you often find not for sale rubbed out

Social source share

It often is - it's when they leak out to the public and they are frightened they may get in trouble if they sell it so you often find not for sale rubbed out

As opposed to the sort of trouble you might get into for selling bootlegs.

Social source share

As opposed to the sort of trouble you might get into for selling bootlegs.

Nothing to do with that though is it, if you were asking why the real reason not for sale is crossed out, it's cos of the reason I gave.

Nobody on ebay cares about getting into trouble for selling bootlegs.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

sometimes you need to read between the lines.  I think an outright declaration from the seller that they will write $10 on the customs form is something that ebay frowns upon( the gov't as well, I'd guess ) 

buyers can actually get in trouble( through ebay at least) for asking for a low declaration

Social source share

Ive seen a couple of these like that.

Social source share

sometimes you need to read between the lines.  I think an outright declaration from the seller that they will write $10 on the customs form is something that ebay frowns upon( the gov't as well, I'd guess ) 

buyers can actually get in trouble( through ebay at least) for asking for a low declaration

It's an old used 7" single, 99.99% of the worlds population would consider it worthless. 

Social source share

That's the trouble with Ebay these days.   They are an auction site, why are they involved with policing shipping? 

I pay the seller for shipping, I can't see what it has to do with Ebay.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

That's the trouble with Ebay these days.   They are an auction site, why are they involved with policing shipping? 

I pay the seller for shipping, I can't see what it has to do with Ebay.

If they can make money out of it, you can be sure they'll be there!

Social source share

It's in good nick, it's rare as hell and it's a truly great piece of music. Still wake up screaming when I think of the one I saw for £120 in 1984, but that was a fortune then.

The boot went for £57 BTW, which is possibly more surprising then 6K for an original!

Social source share

I may have said this before but I will bore u with it again I bought. Minter of Ian Clarke in 1988 for 160£ when I got it it had a warp not affecting play I called him to have a moan he said send it back will send u another he had 3 copies. Sold it to Pottsy in 1997 for £1200.. Bought a minter a couple of years ago in trades for around £2500

Social source share

Plenty out there it seems when you read the threads but just not for sale.

As a buyer not a seller I see Manships 2k value is happily ignored in this instance and buyers just go crazy

for it due to rarity.

I still think looking at averages since 2008 that it's a 2.5k to 3k record but then as a potential buyer I would !!!

The 3.8k end price on this latest one suggests a HUGE premium for the great condition it was in.

I've just got to find one now as a drive in the UK is more appealing than risking USPS on that sort of value -

I wouldn't be able to sleep till it got here !!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

But it's like a lot of these records, they aren't that rare in actual numbers, it's the fact they are brilliant pieces of music and everyone wants to own them. Demand makes it rare to the market, and condition gets the premium price. 

Social source share

That's the trouble with Ebay these days.   They are an auction site, why are they involved with policing shipping? I pay the seller for shipping, I can't see what it has to do with Ebay.

They see it as an extra source of revenue. I always try and talk seller out of using it, they are obliged to declare the value sold. That would mean import duty & VAT making the purchase even dearer.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!