Giving Good Sales/buyer Feedback

Evening All

Not a massive issue this but one that has been on my mind for a while. So thought I'd start a thread - and think this is the best place forum wise.

Anyway, when it comes to buying/selling how do people view giving feedback? I'm generally happy with most of my purchases and always give feedback as soon as I've received the record. There is the odd occasion where I might forget) I see it as part of the process and as a contribution to the good of the overall market place. Not just talking about SS, but places like Discogs and eBay too. So, am I being poncy?

My point is that some people appear never to give feedback but more annoying is that some people appear to play a game of "I will if you do". So they always wait for you to give feedback before they do. Even if they're in a position to give feedback first - often the seller.

Is it just me? Any other views?

Peter

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I'm afraid Ebays feedback changes made it so - and I'm one of those who won't leave feedback on Ebay or Discogs now unless they leave it for me first (or unless it's someone I know).  This is because customers can blackmail you into doing things like giving part refunds for no reason.  Being not allowed to leave negative for buyers is completely unfair to honest sellers.  I once sold a mint, I mean a true mint copy of a Treasure Isle 45 to someone, he left me a negative because it had a mark on the B side apparently, now it wasn't because it was deserved, it was because he was a petty, vindictive c*nt who knew I couldn't retaliate.

Well not on ebay anyway  :wicked:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Pete S, on 30 May 2014 - 8:15 PM, said:

I'm afraid Ebays feedback changes made it so - and I'm one of those who won't leave feedback on Ebay or Discogs now unless they leave it for me first (or unless it's someone I know).  This is because customers can blackmail you into doing things like giving part refunds for no reason.  Being not allowed to leave negative for buyers is completely unfair to honest sellers.  I once sold a mint, I mean a true mint copy of a Treasure Isle 45 to someone, he left me a negative because it had a mark on the B side apparently, now it wasn't because it was deserved, it was because he was a petty, vindictive c*nt who knew I couldn't retaliate.

Well not on ebay anyway  :wicked:

Didn't know that Pete.

Like you say very one sided and unfair.

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!