Larry Clinton & Herb Ward...fake Labels

Seen both of these on e-bay with copied labels on them ( advertised as non originals )..is this a normal thing? Can guarantee people will buy these and dj with them as originals, and most people would be none the wiser without knowledge/studying them...both from the same seller...annoying to me, what do you guys think?..Rob

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Aaron Darcy

Think I'm correct in saying that this seller regularly sells 45 with 'fake' labels

yes correct  julian 'get him locked up if you can.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Don't think so John, I think they're old bootlegs.  Holly St James (Soul Fox), Jeanette Harper (Bee) etc.  I"m trying to think of a Larry Clinton pressing though..

Not a boot but came out on Grapevine didn't it?

Pop the centre out etc.

Social source share

surely they're carvers?

Yes I was thinking that too.

More reliable than picking up the boots/re-issues.

I'd guess that most prospective buyers wouldn't be on here so not really a plug for his ads and if it stops the odd person reading this bidding up to £50 + then probably worthwhile highlighting ?

And don't forget the other seller with his double-sided 45s starting mostly at £19.99

ROD

Social source share

Yes I was thinking that too.

More reliable than picking up the boots/re-issues.

I'd guess that most prospective buyers wouldn't be on here so not really a plug for his ads and if it stops the odd person reading this bidding up to £50 + then probably worthwhile highlighting ?

And don't forget the other seller with his double-sided 45s starting mostly at £19.99

ROD

Now those are definitely carvers, obviously has a cutting machine - but still think Derby guy is using reissues, reason being, he's leaving the B sides as they were so that there's no confusion as to the real source.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!