Ernest Mosley Boot On Ebay

Dobber

There really are some idiots buying records nowadays aren't there, this is a £10 boot from 1977, it's not even the best version!

thats true pete,actually pete youve just reminded me that there are 2 versions,is one slower,or got no backing girls or sumet? and are there variations on the demo aswell or just the issues?

Social source share

There really are some idiots buying records nowadays aren't there, this is a £10 boot from 1977, it's not even the best version!

I didn't know there are two versions of the powder blue press. What's the other one?

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

well said Pete ' i know few idiots who buys boots and think its the original 'you just can't educate them.

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

176 quid now....i almost feel sorry for the poor blighters!  haha

don't feel sorry they are idiots who are killing the rare soul scene .

Social source share

Wow - Whats an Orig gonna fetch then ?  I have a Boot if anyone wants one !! As someone has already said, this is killing the Rare Soul Scene.  Everyone, apart from the Dealers, Moneymen and Japanese are being priced out.

Edited by Tezza
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I think Pete`s on about the Shepherds version on Mirwood...

no petes correct,there are 2 versions of ernest mosley on the blue press,i cant remember what the variation is,its something like one version is faster,or no backing girl singers...something like that?

Social source share

I'm confused (I know it's not hard :D),are these people who are paying these prices for boots thinking they are buying an original or are they buying them thinking that at a glance they look like the original & they can pass them off as such when djing?

Cheers

Martyn easily confused 

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Sory, just to make myself clear, I meant not the best version - the best version being The Sheppards - and as far as I know, there is only one boot of this.

Give over Pete ya little tinker.......Ernest by a mile,just better in every facet of the tune.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Sory, just to make myself clear, I meant not the best version - the best version being The Sheppards - and as far as I know, there is only one boot of this.

actually pete im sure there are 2 variations of the actual song on the blue label...im almost certain.

Social source share

Yep, got to agree with Pete on this one.  Earnest's seems a little to harsh for me.

Social source share

Give over Pete ya little tinker.......Ernest by a mile,just better in every facet of the tune.

Cheers

Martyn

Pointless argument really when two people have opposite opinions; except yours is wrong - nothing about Moseleys version compares to The Sheppards.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The twot who paid £255 for this deserves to lose his money - must be thick.

If I see the guy reply that he's unsure if it's an original then I run a mile.... or at least spend some time trying to check it out...and then run a mile.

I can only assume that as the price starts to soar, then everyone just assumes it's a valuable piece of vinyl and it snowballs.

However it's so easy to find out if it's a boot or not. I found out in about 2 minutes when I checked mine, just by googling the title.... the massively muddy sound and off centre, photocopied text is a bit of a giveaway as well.

I'd have sold mine for half that!

Social source share

this doesnt excuse the people who pay a lot of money for boots/reissues,and know that they are boots!,this particular record im guessing they think its an orig!

Dobber

That maybe so but who has a spare £200+ to spend on anything not just records without finding out the far end of a fart about your purchase......sometimes it pays to a "careful" Yorkshireman :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Wow - Whats an Orig gonna fetch then ?  I have a Boot if anyone wants one !! As someone has already said, this is killing the Rare Soul Scene.  Everyone, apart from the Dealers, Moneymen and Japanese are being priced out.

An original finished at £500 on the John Manship auction that ended on 21/5/2014 !!!!!!

The 2 high bidders must have assumed it was an original.

It would have been worth checking into more if the seller had listed a £500 orig in amongst all the other boot's and re-issued listed at the same time.

Kind regards,

A careful West Midlander!!

(occasionally referred to as TIGHT as a duck's ......)

Edited by bo diddley
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Dobber

That maybe so but who has a spare £200+ to spend on anything not just records without finding out the far end of a fart about your purchase......sometimes it pays to a "careful" Yorkshireman :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

perfect wording my friend!  and your absolutely right,takes minutes to find out whether its orig or not,and the listing actually had the questions on the screen for people to see,which were other bidders asking if its orig,and the seller saying that he doesnt know!...so that should have sent alarm bells ringing.

Social source share

perfect wording my friend!  and your absolutely right,takes minutes to find out whether its orig or not,and the listing actually had the questions on the screen for people to see,which were other bidders asking if its orig,and the seller saying that he doesnt know!...so that should have sent alarm bells ringing.

What's the old saying........."a fool & his money are easily parted"..........could have been written for some of them.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

perfect wording my friend! and your absolutely right,takes minutes to find out whether its orig or not,and the listing actually had the questions on the screen for people to see,which were other bidders asking if its orig,and the seller saying that he doesnt know!...so that should have sent alarm bells ringing.[/quote

Yep, totally.

If the Seller says he's not sure then it's there own fault if it's not. The seller has been honest enough to plant the seed of doubt on their behalf.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!