dthedrug profile photo

Soulsource Record Club "bumper Summer Special" Hot! Hot! Hotter

Audio Lists dthedrug

Posted

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...And welcome to the SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB (bumper summer edition special) However can I thank all the contributors to the most  popular thread on soul source, & I believe on the net, this thread is for you to pick out of your collection a RARE SOUL 45 or LP track that was the best of the day (not easy) and it's also your chance to be a DJ to a wide audience, 

The thead has common sense rules like don't keep on using a full download every time you are having a 4 word conversation, if you are not sure just ask there are some regular posters to the sight who I'm sure will help you, also it really does not matter what you pick it's your choice,

You don't have to post your record every time and you should try a limit your daily play to 1, this is now regularly broken by the thread magnificent 7 tip topper, so come along and make your & mine summer swing into the best,

MY PICK to open this new thread was going to be HEATWAVE,

However that would be false as I isn't played it in weeks, what I have played is a top goodie that was booted, HOWEVER it's an original white & black SWAN DEMO,

"in love" Tony Galla - SWAN S-4275-1,

YES ENJOY YOUR START TO SUMMER :ohmy: DAVE K

:( MY COPY post-13241-0-75984300-1401597551_thumb.j

http://youtu.be/ww7QqJWdqZ4

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Morning Everyone,

I just hope to hear a load of new to my ear stuff again ,with this thread, fantastic across the board

Soul music,with no boundaries,differing tastes,

For all kinds of folk and a wealth of knowledge

To boot ,

With no further adieu

This is the flip of Coke Escovedo,s Rebirth

From 1975 on Mercury

"Make it Sweet"

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

WAKEY! WAKEY! all pick of the day for me is a track i gave a spin on Friday @ Whitchurch it cost me £1 but wot a Tooooooooooooooooooooon it's

Donald Wilson - Find Somebody - Columbia records W/D 1968 Oh it's a  :rofl:  side too  :wink:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
  • Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

OK IT'S A BIT TWEE BUT A NICE SUMMER FEEL TO IT NON THE LESS AND HE ROCKED THE CROWD IN THE LEGENDARY BOSTON GLIDERDROME

RECENTLY. CLEM  CURTIS AND THE FOUNDATIONS TAKE OF NEWBY AND JOHNSONS SWEET HAPPINESS post-2477-0-71342800-1401612090_thumb.jp

KEV

soul source url
Posted

KEV

soul source url
Posted

NICE ONE SOLD MINE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO,MUST BE NUTS,FORGOT HOW GOOD IT IS

LAWRENCE

soul source url
Posted

mellow madness - save the youth

LAWRENCE

soul source url
Posted

Hello new thread :wink:

I'll take my lead from Dave today & post one from the Swan label.I've had mine years now & have only seen one issue of it in all that time & I kick myself every time I think about it as it went for £27 on e-bay.I reckon it's hard as issue,the demo's usually go for a £100+ (one on here at the moment for £125).It's one of those tunes that those who know tip it for stardom at some stage?I disagree with most sages as I think it's the "Promises" side that's has the best potential & the side I've played out most & has had the odd play here & there.

Janice Christian-Just A Bad Thing/Promises Swan

soul source url
Posted

Janice Christian-Just A Bad Thing

soul source url
Posted

Janice Christian-Promises

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...And welcome to the SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB (bumper summer edition special) However can I thank all the contributors to the most  popular thread on soul source, & I believe on the net, this thread is for you to pick out of your collection a RARE SOUL 45 or LP track that was the best of the day (not easy) and it's also your chance to be a DJ to a wide audience, 

The thead has common sense rules like don't keep on using a full download every time you are having a 4 word conversation, if you are not sure just ask there are some regular posters to the sight who I'm sure will help you, also it really does not matter what you pick it's your choice,

You don't have to post your record every time and you should try a limit your daily play to 1, this is now regularly broken by the thread magnificent 7 tip topper, so come along and make your & mine summer swing into the best,

MY PICK to open this new thread was going to be HEATWAVE,

However that would be false as I isn't played it in weeks, what I have played is a top goodie that was booted, HOWEVER it's an original white & black SWAN DEMO,

"in love" Tony Galla - SWAN S-4275-1,

YES ENJOY YOUR START TO SUMMER :ohmy: DAVE K

:( MY COPY

Dave

Keep up the good work old boy with the thread :thumbsup:

One of the great dancers & up there with any of the Anthems imo.There's really only way to improve it & that would be with a hand full long discontinued pharmacuticals :lol: 

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

WAKEY! WAKEY! all pick of the day for me is a track i gave a spin on Friday @ Whitchurch it cost me £1 but wot a Tooooooooooooooooooooon it's

Donald Wilson - Find Somebody - Columbia records W/D 1968 Oh it's a  :rofl:  side too  :wink:

Kev

New to me & hit the spot straight away,bet it sounded great out :thumbsup:

Seen your playlist,some great stuff & would have had me shuffling around to one or two of them.Picks for me were Norvells & Danny White.

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Kev

New to me & hit the spot straight away,bet it sounded great out :thumbsup:

Seen your playlist,some great stuff & would have had me shuffling around to one or two of them.Picks for me were Norvells & Danny White.

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn it did !!!!!!!

ad um dancing til the end m8 Joey Pastrana went down well with the upfont folk 

soul source url
Posted

Sterling Magee - "Oh she was pretty"....straight out the hot box... :elvis:

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Even Martyn can afford one of these....

Sammy Taylor - "Next in line"....

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Last one from the pop box..

Sunny Ridell - "Come on out in my world".

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Kev already in me collection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wicked:

Great tooooooooooooooooooooooooooon imho  :yes:

soul source url
Posted

Kev

Tune!!!!A regular in the playbox this end as well :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Kev already in me collection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wicked:

Great tooooooooooooooooooooooooooon imho  :yes:

Kev

White demo here  :wicked: 

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Kev

Cheers

Martyn

Issue for me  :wink:

soul source url
Posted

Kev

Cheers

Martyn

Ditto ,here my owd.

soul source url
Posted

ole man river / billy stewart

chess records , nice mellow one for  sunny sunday , posted other side a while back . I likes billy

soul source url
Posted

My all time favourite Willie Hutch track "let's try it over again" from his "Season for Love" album

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Even Martyn can afford one of these....

Sammy Taylor - "Next in line"....

Kev

As you well know you'll have to run it past Lynn before I can decide if I can afford it :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Sticking absolutely with Dave's theme - well for my first post anyway. High Frequency - Summertime.

It might be an opinion splitter this one - Martyn! :wicked: I prefer the 7 of this but only have the 12.

Ave it.

Peter

:thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Sticking absolutely with Dave's theme - well for my first post anyway. High Frequency - Summertime.

It might be an opinion splitter this one - Martyn! :wicked: I prefer the 7 of this but only have the 12.

Ave it.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Pierre

Always reminds me of Highwayman's Halt,Snaith when Sam & Arthur had gone all "Newies" in the late 70t's.

Had a copy (mine was a 7 & I'm with you don't like the 12) but it's gone A.W.O.L.Had the house upside down on more then one occasion looking for it........in a moment of madness I might have made it into an ashtray :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

soul source url
Posted
hullsoul, on 01 Jun 2014 - 8:05 PM, said:

Pierre

Always reminds me of Highwayman's Halt,Snaith when Sam & Arthur had gone all "Newies" in the late 70t's.

Had a copy (mine was a 7 & I'm with you don't like the 12) but it's gone A.W.O.L.Had the house upside down on more then one occasion looking for it........in a moment of madness I might have made it into an ashtray :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

The 7 is quite a tough one these days Martyn. I hope you look after that ash tray a little better!

Peter

:D

soul source url
Posted (edited)

My pick of the day is a 7ts Philly tooooooooooooooooooooon it's

Terry Collins - I L.O.V.E. Y.O.U. - Kwanza records  1973 i've got a W/D  :P

Edited by Kev John

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice  :yes: just luv them photo's  :)

Edited by Kev John

soul source url
Posted

First post on the new thread for me, but 1st I have to say "Keep it up Dave! Got to be the longest running current thread and definitely one of the most popular, and a great place to discover stuff thats new to your ears. I know a lot of people 'lurk' and dont post too!"

Anyhoo.. got a feeling I posted this a couple of threads back, but put it on facebook as part of a reply to something and got a flurry of inbox messages straight after!

The brillant, still not well known, very hard to find but not prohibitively expensive, but make sure you get the 7" there's a version on an album too, but it's nowhere near as good!

Walter and Sisters - How Long - Studio 10

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

First post on the new thread for me, but 1st I have to say "Keep it up Dave! Got to be the longest running current thread and definitely one of the most popular, and a great place to discover stuff thats new to your ears. I know a lot of people 'lurk' and dont post too!"

Anyhoo.. got a feeling I posted this a couple of threads back, but put it on facebook as part of a reply to something and got a flurry of inbox messages straight after!

The brillant, still not well known, very hard to find but not prohibitively expensive, but make sure you get the 7" there's a version on an album too, but it's nowhere near as good!

Walter and Sisters - How Long - Studio 10

Paul

New to me & I'm not fully sold on it yet?Although I think after a few plays it might be one to track down,bet it would sound great out.It's one of those I'd get my little legs all tied up & end up falling over if I tried to dance to it :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Played this on Friday night as a variation to a classic & was amazed how many people didn't know it?

Joe Bataan-The Bottle Salsoul

soul source url
Posted

Joe Bataan-The Bottle Salsoul

soul source url
Posted

Paul

New to me & I'm not fully sold on it yet?Although I think after a few plays it might be one to track down,bet it would sound great out.It's one of those I'd get my little legs all tied up & end up falling over if I tried to dance to it :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Question?? Is this you Martyn

http://youtu.be/8hNIczg5Mqo

soul source url
Posted

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

soul source url
Posted

Paul

Cheers

Martyn

You know you're gonna want one.....

soul source url
Posted

The Sound of Soul(Bobbi&Michi)

Hey girl I Still Love Him" Josie"

From 1966 new to my shelf

Hope ya like it

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

http://youtu.be/8hNIczg5Mqo

Andy

By the looks of the 3 guys in the background it looks like one of your "do's"........so not a chance of it been me  :lol: 

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

You know you're gonna want one.....

Paul

As soon as I wrote that it meant it had already got me didn't it :shhh:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url