• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Ivor Jones

There is no original US issue of this, it's Jamaican only.... Orig is Blue Text on White Background, repress from late 80s/early 90s is lilac text.....

Think there may be an even later pressing from the last few years but not seen one myself. Hope this helps......Nice record.

Social source share

There is no original US issue of this, it's Jamaican only.... Orig is Blue Text on White Background, repress from late 80s/early 90s is lilac text.....

Think there may be an even later pressing from the last few years but not seen one myself. Hope this helps......Nice record.

There is a lookalike Blue Text on white background from about 6 or 7 years ago

It's been covered on here before i think, with scans etc?

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Here are three of the variant labels Baz, for your reference. One is dated 1980, so thats the second release I guess (Middle Pic),  the one with a lettered logo only I dont know which one that is, maybe the original? Final one (On the far right) is the one I got from Steve, so thats the 2000 ish release? and a slightly different mix.

Just listened to the two, one version starts with a double drum hit, so Duh Dum, and intro, other does not, both the intro's are slightly different before the vocal / piano start in, its a different patten in fact... I cant illustrate it with words but will try to pip a sound file up shortly... I need my coffee before fighting with the Refo section...

Malcolm

post-2025-0-55495900-1401955858_thumb.pn

post-2025-0-18295500-1401955868_thumb.pn

post-2025-0-85703000-1401956148_thumb.jp

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

On first sight, they look to me like the three variations i am aware of (Dave said there was a fourth - not sure which that is?)

The first pic is the second issue from 1990 ish (this 'may' have been a boot - not sure?)

The second pic is the orig from 1980

The third pic is the more recent third issue from 2007 ish (these came from A J Brown himself via Dave Halsall)

Wil check soundclips later but thanks for those aural descriptions Malcolm, top stuff  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

• 8 months later...

post-20960-0-52896100-1423515106_thumb.jJust to add to the above i bought this from what i have always considered a reputable, knowledgeable person, who assured me this was an original version, not boot or re issue. I have found on google images the exact image, it even has the same stamp marks on the label as the one i have but it is not the same 45, there are certain differences to this picture such as the stamp smudged a little, while not on mine. On this issue, no date, and also the addition "written & sung by" Is this the 4th alleged copy? or what?  

Social source share

Hi,

From my knowledge I always thought the middle record of the 3x above (post from 5th June 2012) was the original - not sure when the others were repressed. In addition to the above - I was unaware of the various mixes.

Yes i was also aware that was original issue but i was told it also had a US release the one i posted above with "written & Sung by" ? I will try ro find the thread in which it was described to me.

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

attachicon.gifA j Brown.jpgJust to add to the above i bought this from what i have always considered a reputable, knowledgeable person, who assured me this was an original version, not boot or re issue. I have found on google images the exact image, it even has the same stamp marks on the label as the one i have but it is not the same 45, there are certain differences to this picture such as the stamp smudged a little, while not on mine. On this issue, no date, and also the addition "written & sung by" Is this the 4th alleged copy? or what?  

Hello……Every original copy I've ever seen is the same as the copy that Fatjams pointed out earlier [the middle of the 3 that Mal.C posted up earlier,same as below]. I've never seen this other format you've posted up. My gut feeling though is that it is another original press based on the ridge in the label,different text/label layout but same pressing as mentioned earlier. 

Some originals also released with a picture sleeve….

post-4315-0-00426900-1423525825_thumb.jppost-4315-0-89355200-1423525761_thumb.jppost-4315-0-99014400-1423525790_thumb.jp

One thing though…..every copy Ive had or seen had originally been imported to the UK at time of release. Maybe yours came from a different batch/pressing which was exported to the U.S. for the Jamaican market ? Just a thought. Pure speculation though…..

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

attachicon.gifhqdefault.jpgThis 4 above do not include the blue label Jamaican boot so that would make 5 variations at least or is that the one on the left above post.

That is definitely the repress from the late 80s/early 90s…..Yes, its the same as the 1st picture in the 3 scans posted earlier by Mal.C

Edited by Ivor Jones
Social source share

Source Advert