J B Troy Live On

Guest gaz thomas

Guest gaz thomas

ok, so john has a copy on his auction, hence post

to me its one of  my fav 45s, its so powerful, soulful and gospel with funk and rnb all at the same time

live on !

so nice, horn break comes out of no where and its perfect. 

Anyway, I first heard this track on an early kent lp in the 80s .....soul spin I think it was.

Loved the record right there and  found the 45

I never heard it spun in the 80s, It certainly was not something I heard out then.  

Was it big in the 70s ?

i know it will have had considered plays, but did it ever take off big in the 70s ?

It would not have appeared so ?

Its  banging !

a question for ady

Edited by gaz thomas
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Remember it from 70s but to my memory hasn't been overplayed ever, don't know why I love it. So hard to say with conviction but I think it would be in my top 100. More your thinking man's / woman's oldie, but that breed isn't as common as the current mainstream.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

thanks dean

thats what im thinkin, overlooked rare and fookin banging northern soul

there are still a couple

its not really a oldie is it 

just been known to collectors for a long time

but never been a 70s wigan or a mecca played out 45

nor a 100 club monster strangely as it was the kent lp which brought it to light in the first place

perhaps a future 100 club anniversary  45

great record 

Edited by gaz thomas
Social source share

love it too,always in the 'oldies' side of the playbox and like you I first heard it on the kent lp and agree for some strange reason isn't played out very much...cant understand why..it doesn't come up for sale as much as a lot of musicor stuff but  its not that rare... is it?

dean

Social source share

love it too,always in the 'oldies' side of the playbox and like you I first heard it on the kent lp and agree for some strange reason isn't played out very much...cant understand why..it doesn't come up for sale as much as a lot of musicor stuff but  its not that rare... is it?

dean

Not rare, and the half dozen Musicor copies (demo) I've seen this last year or so have gone for £90 - £150,  so can't understand why an auction item.

Social source share

Great collector's tune from the 80s in particular that could have got serious spins at any stage but never really did. It seemed to peak in demand about 5 years ago so maybe somebody played it then. I just put it on Soul Spin because it was a good sound on Musicor which I liked. Not an oldie as only collectors really know it.

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I have wondered in the past if this An earlier record by JR Bailey ? I think it sounds like him vocally and from memory I think he has writer credits on it.... Anyone confirm ?

Sold mine a few years back. Good Northern......

Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

Great collector's tune from the 80s in particular that could have got serious spins at any stage but never really did. It seemed to peak in demand about 5 years ago so maybe somebody played it then. I just put it on Soul Spin because it was a good sound on Musicor which I liked. Not an oldie as only collectors really know it.

probably big in our house in 1985

j b troy is outstanding  45 but the jerrri fischer 45

that's a decent 45

is it too funky

its a musicor 45

about 40 qiuid ?

thats a nice record

Edited by gaz thomas
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source