Why Do People Post In Sales Then Ignore You When You Want To Buy Them?

Tried to buy a record off sales yesterday, sent email as requested, but no reply. Tried three PM 's and still no answer. This is the second time this has happened to me in a couple of weeks. What the **** is going on?

Do you want to sell them or are you just taking the p***?

Just bloody rude.

Social source share

I once answered a sales on here for a record at £100.. and got ignored...then a week later the same seller put the same record up for sale again, this time the price went up to £150 :huh:

The seller probably got back to their computer and found they had a handful or more pm's and thought hmmmm. Not right tho

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but I don't all ways get a notification to a PM and have found them in my inbox??

I have exactly that on a samsung tablet, no notifications, only find them by accident when I go to write one. Half the time I didnt used to be able to write them too on this.

]

Social source share

Probably one of the dealers who post the same list of records up time and time again(normally double than what their worth),and contribute nothing to the forums other sections.

On here?  Never....

Been saying for ages people should have to pay to advertise on Soul Source, especially if they never contribute to any of the forums

Social source share

its aggravating for sure, but some folk do have a life outside of 'Soul Source' you know...

Mal mate, there is simply no excuse for rudeness. If you got the time to post up your sales and wants and someone has taken the time and trouble to respond, then it is pure rudeness and laziness not to bother replying. I cannot imagine that anyone's inbox is inundated to such a degree that they physically cannot reply to their messages in  timely fashion. People that do this deserve negative feedback.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I do agree Mark, my reply was obviously tongue in cheek.  I always reply, and always be as helpful as I possibly can, I like this forum, I get allot from it. 

I offered a free MP3 of a want to folk on here recently, via the wants section obviously, just stated you send something back in return. I sent it to ten or so, all of them downloaded the file, but I haven't heard back from two since, don't expect to now,  guess they did not like the track...and one of them is very well known on the Northern soul scene as well, his ears will be burning if he reads this I guess. 

Somebody mentioned including a message in the ad stating if the seller is away and when they return, I see that on ebay all the time. 

Mal 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!