The O'jays Live At The O2 Arena

The O'Jays are performing their first UK concerts in 20+ years at the O2 arena in September. Just 2 dates, 18th/19th.

This will almost certainly be the last time they'll be over.

Think this is one of those concerts that is a must for the soulies. Get in quick!

PS. They most definitely still have it too.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Just got two off ticketmaster, despite saying wasn't going to buy them off them again, too good to miss.

I am actually seriously unbelievably excited about this, my last living legend yet to see. F**k Leroy Hutson, Eddie Levert is the man :D

ANd thanks to the gent who did PM we the ticketmaster, much appreciated. I love everybody and this site today, oh and Sunshine (a great O'Jays track!)

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Got mine for the Friday, bonus is 100 Club on the next night too :yes:

OOmph. Never realised that. Oh well, have given up on anniversarys till recently!

Ady my ticket please, none of this scrambling for me, could be the perfect weekend.

Can people tell I am excited!

PS The official site is still crashing!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Bagged 2 for Friday from official site. Tremendous! That will be some weekend with the 100 Club on too. Ady, 2 tickets for me too please!!

Rich

Can I bag your spare room :D

We will need to arrange food/drinks etc.

Forgot to answer your text mate, no surprise, no movement on job front, haven't been looking for last couple of months due to various life reasons. About to start a full oout assualt on it in next few months, so maybe around for beers at various points.

Social source share

Can I bag your spare room :D

We will need to arrange food/drinks etc.

Forgot to answer your text mate, no surprise, no movement on job front, haven't been looking for last couple of months due to various life reasons. About to start a full oout assualt on it in next few months, so maybe around for beers at various points.

Sh*t that was meant to be a PM, if my boss is reading this I mean a full on assault on doing a better job in my current job, obviously!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

OOmph. Never realised that. Oh well, have given up on anniversarys till recently!

Ady my ticket please, none of this scrambling for me, could be the perfect weekend.

Can people tell I am excited!

PS The official site is still crashing!

Haha  I checked 6ts page just to be sure, got my tickets from official site no problem .. looks like big Scottish turn out in London then :wicked:

Social source share

The good news is that it's at the Indig02 which is a much smaller, better venue than the main arena. The bad news is that tickets are £50 standing and £75 seating. Much higher than other gigs in that arena. I expected it to be a bit more expensive but that's outrageous.

Btw Jock,  Levi won't be there :D

Social source share

The good news is that it's at the Indig02 which is a much smaller, better venue than the main arena. The bad news is that tickets are £50 standing and £75 seating. Much higher than other gigs in that arena. I expected it to be a bit more expensive but that's outrageous.

Btw Jock,  Levi won't be there :D

C'mon use some of that big bonus everyone knows every London banker gets  :D

And edited. I was over excited! 

Social source share

I saw them in Nevada in 2010. Great show - almost totally black audience - lots of jokes about 'white folks' inc the band - so I suspect Eddie Levert's humour - and he was very funny - will be modified for the UK!

They sang... Give The people what they Want, People Get Ready, Love Train, Backstabbers, Stairway To heaven, I Love Music, Hooks in Me, Use to be My girl, For The Love Of Money....Mike

10354141_10203534951205050_2199850176994
Social source share

£150 a seat for the best tickets, and they've all gone for the Friday I think, some people have too much £ lol. The "booking" fee (£7 on top of every £50 ticket is an outrageous Ticketmaster ripoff too)

Haven't looked forward to a concert so much since Teena Marie and before that the legendary night in Stoke with the Dells.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 months later...

so looking forward to this....Elaine secretly booked tickets and hotel for my birthday treat  :thumbup:

Where you staying? Thinking of Mercure at Tate, but if there is a chance to run up a bar bill on your room I could be persuaded to change!

I assume this is one of your tax residency days back in this country before you jet of on another holiday.....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Discohair

Hi Jock

we are staying at Hotel Novotel London Grenwich , got a good deal have look on their sight.

iIt was meant to be a surprise , but had to tell him in case he booked it as well.

love Elaine

Edited by Discohair
Social source share

Who's there on Thursday?

Must admit, pretty excited too!

:D

Sean

Me and the wife looking to be there on the Friday Sean, she is already in London with work on the Thursday so I am going down after work on Thursday night to get to the Friday show, all being well we can get tickets that is

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

I'll be there Friday! Looky looky, I have a picture of the current musician line up......

post-5993-0-95520500-1408004262_thumb.jp

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Guest Soulfulhammer

Saw them in approx 73 or 74, if there are half as good it would still be a treat.  Wildflower did it for me at the time.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Me and the wife looking to be there on the Friday Sean, she is already in London with work on the Thursday so I am going down after work on Thursday night to get to the Friday show, all being well we can get tickets that is

Kev

King Kev how you doing m8? Saw these in 2010 in Nevada met Mike Lofthouse & his lady there ! ( only , "white folk " in the building ) one of the best ive ever seen sure you and the good lady will have a great night ,

Adios for now 

Cress

post-6276-0-63194700-1409588126_thumb.jp

• Helpful 2
Social source share

King Kev how you doing m8? Saw these in 2010 in Nevada met Mike Lofthouse & his lady there ! ( only , "white folk " in the building ) one of the best ive ever seen sure you and the good lady will have a great night ,

Adios for now 

Cress

Ey up Cress

How goes it, gutted to say I can't make this now, and there goes my chance to see one of the greatest groups ever cos I reckon they won't be back, bet you had a great time in Nevada, the Lofty's are great folk. Hope you are well mate and getting out more than I am

Best

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Ey up Cress

How goes it, gutted to say I can't make this now, and there goes my chance to see one of the greatest groups ever cos I reckon they won't be back, bet you had a great time in Nevada, the Lofty's are great folk. Hope you are well mate and getting out more than I am

Best

Kev

You Aycliffe lot are getting worse for stopping in and counting your poke ££££ , missing these m8 one of the BEST ,we are away else would of been there mesel , :dash2: 

Keep it real m8

Till nxt time

Cress 

Edited by cress
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

There are a number of food and drink areas at the O2, so those wishing to meet up, maybe we could suggest a venue nearer the time? There are a couple of little shops I believe, one sells the best thing since candy. I once went in for the second time and they never forget you.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Yes, I did. They were great. I think somebody gave Eddie the lyrics to 'Looky looky' and asked him to sing it. He then engaged with the audience and mentioned somebody had asked for 'I dig your act' also. It was a fabulous banter. He said only in this country would know about the songs. His voice is top. I loved it. He is 72 years old. Great energy from a pro.

Social source share

After watching Jules Holland , I was a bit apprehensive of what kind of a performance they would give us , as I didn't think it was that great . I didn't think Jules's piano playing helped ... and it didn't sound as big a sound as it should ..

Needn't and shouldn't have worried at all .

They where MASSIVE .... one of my gigs of the year ... and i get to a few .. 

Eddie stated a little throaty I thought  , but at 72 ... you can't blame him ..and wow ..has he still got it  ... and at one point he wanted to slow it down .. and sing a couple of ballads but the crowd didn't want that , so he introduced the band instead to give them a rest , although he did have to ask one guy in the band what his name was ...:)

Flip I forget half way up the stairs , what I'm going up for ..!!      :)

Match their performance with some fantastic old tunes both before and after from the DJ's ......a very knowledgeable and typically soul friendly crowd ( except for one drunk guy and his younger girlfriend who he wanted to push to the front )..... made the whole evening a memorable one and I'm so glad i stumped up the £50 + for the ticket ..  

Ticket prices are going up and up ... but most of the gigs at Ronnie Scott's are this price so ... 

All I can say is come back soon guys , as id be first in line for another ticket ...and as one of my favourite  tunes on the night goes ....... " Encore " Cheryl Lynn  !!!

*****MASSIVE *****   

Edited by stevegods
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!