Bob Abrahamian R.i.p

I held out hope it was just a rumour or prank.  But, if his sister told some of his friends, then there is no hope.  TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE news.  We were acquaintences, and exchanged a few records and MP3s together, and, of course, corresponded on threads and PMs here just about every day for the last several years.   So, I feel that I've lost a good friend.  Very shocking, indeed!  I didn't know he was even sick.  Or, was it an accident?  I do see from that 3 days old photo that Bob has taken on a lot of weight recently.

People in contact with the family, please give details, when you can.  Thanks.

So, so sorry to hear this!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest uroffal

I spoke to Bob a few times on here although didn't know him well. He was incredibly knowledgeable and always willing to share that vast knowledge. A massive loss.

RIP Bob.

Social source share

Saddened and shocked, even though I only pop in now and again. I didn't know Bob but I always enjoyed his contributions on here, knowledgeable is an under statement and I loved his dry wit.

i'll really miss him on here. RIP Bob.

Social source share

Ho no not Bob a legend will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him a fountain of knowledge and a great guy

Our thoughts & prayers are with Bobs family and close friends at this sad time..Thanks for all your help and guidance mate

Ian & Jane x

Social source share

RobbK, on 06 Jun 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

I'll be a bit lonely here without my fellow Chicagoan amongst all you Brits.  He was so young.  I wasn't prepared at all for this.  I'm glad I got to know him at least to the degree I did.  He was a very nice guy.

You'll miss your friend Rob - but you'll never need to feel lonely with all us Brits. You've more Brit friends than you could shake a stick at.

Your friend.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Just read this and absolutely stunned like everybody else.

Bob had an incredible appetite for knowledge and was prepared to share that with us all via this medium and his radio shows. His interviews with some of the known and often less known artists are testimony to his enthusiasm and complete passion for the music.

It is not an understatement to say he will be sorely missed.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Never spoke to him, never met him. But always wanted to read what he had to say because it was always worth reading and I usually learnt something. Like a lot of us on this site that didn't actually know the man, I shall  miss him nonetheless.

My thoughts are with his family and friends, though I think all of us on here have in some small way been his friend anyway through our shared love of this music.

Social source share

R.I.P soul brother, gone but never forgotten as you will forever remain in our minds and SOUL, altruism comes to mind when I think of Bob, the music is bigger than all of us, his drive, commitment, and passion will be sadly missed, a real loss to all that new him. a true soul man. In every sense.

Edited by soulfull45s
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest SoulTogetherness

Here are the details for Bob's funeral services. I am waiting for confirmation from his sister, but I believe that flowers, etc. can be sent to the funeral home address below.

Visitation 
Monday June 9, 2014
6-9pm
Piser funeral services
9200 Skokie Blvd. (At Church st)
Skokie, IL 60077

Funeral
Tuesday June 10, 2014
11am
Piser funeral services
9200 Skokie Blvd. (At Church st)
Skokie, IL 60077
Followed by burial at memorial park cemetery 9900 N Skokie Blvd.
It will be a secular service but it is a Jewish funeral home.

Social source share

Just read and am very sad. Had a lot of contact to him in the last months and he upgraded a few of my records. The last one didnt even arrive yet and is on its way as he is now. Such a correct and appreciating person. R.i.p.

Social source share

Guest SoulTogetherness

I have confirmed that flowers can be sent to the address below:

Piser Funeral Services
9200 Skokie Blvd. 
Skokie, IL 60077

Again, the viewing will be held Monday, June 9 and the funeral Tuesday, June 10.

918134_1461077264123384_2103489402_n.jpg

Social source share

RIP Bob

A real testament to his passion for our music is the amount of people who have nothing but good things to say about him.

Never met him but did chat through email a couple of times and sell him some tunes through Soul Source and ebay.

Sad day.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!