Anyone Any Guesses Why This Is So Cheap?

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Ask him if it is Bell Sound Stamped. Have seen goog looking boots before on this label by different artists. If it's stamped it's gotta be right.

And it is reserve not met.

Well most - not all, but most - originals of this are on styrene, and that one isn't - it looks like the boot. The styrene ones are from Monarch in L.A. so they have a delta number not a bell Sound stamp.

Social source share

Well most - not all, but most - originals of this are on styrene, and that one isn't - it looks like the boot. The styrene ones are from Monarch in L.A. so they have a delta number not a bell Sound stamp.

It don't quite ring true to me either pete. Wouldn't touch it myself.

Derek

Social source share

its the bootleg.

the faded BC in ABC are a dead giveaway

also the print is not a as clear as it should be

the demo is crisp and neat type this is all blurred

As sure as the doc martens on my feet are

even the layout is wrong where its says promotional cop and the original doesnr have

45 before the cat number anyways

ITS A BOOT

got this reply from him

Hi, i'm not a record expert, but if you believe that it is not original then my advice is to not bid. I bought this about 20 years ago and still believe that it is original. Thanks.

Edited by the gasher
Social source share

trouble is that people are bidding again thinking it is an original

already over 300 pounds

looking at the 2 scans it is easy to tell them apart and the dead wax info gives it away

someones going to end up paying loads for a 10 pound bootleg

i have had the chance of 3 copies of the boot for 10 - 20 pounds and could have listed them on ebay , but i know it was a boot and it wouldnt be right

trouble is that it is a identity kept secret thing so we can not contact bidders to warn them

ive been caught like this , and i have the guide so it makes me angry , i only lost 30 pounds on the 45 i bought but that is enough

Social source share

Well I've asked him whats in the run off so see if he replies. Wonder if any of our mates in Australia know the seller?

Not sure of seller, but generally we know what most collectors and dj,s have and word would get out if someone was flogging such a tune

imho

pmj

Social source share

its the bootleg.

the faded BC in ABC are a dead giveaway

also the print is not a as clear as it should be

the demo is crisp and neat type this is all blurred

As sure as the doc martens on my feet are

even the layout is wrong where its says promotional cop and the original doesnr have

45 before the cat number anyways

ITS A BOOT

got this reply from him

Hi, i'm not a record expert, but if you believe that it is not original then my advice is to not bid. I bought this about 20 years ago and still believe that it is original. Thanks.

Would any of you say that either of the two on popsike are boots?

'Cos they are both different to each other and different again to the one on eBay.

How can you ever be sure?

I've seen plenty of issues and demos of all kinds of imports that all have subtle differences. They must get pressed all over the place and every presser seems to have a slightly different label design. Very confusing, which is why I think, many many years ago, I decided that it was safer just to collect UK releases only. Sadly, that has changed after realising that most of what I want now never ever saw the light of day over here, even as obscure Lp tracks.

Incidentally, just showing my ignorance of Northern stuff on US labels here now, but did this ever get issued, or are they all Demos?

Social source share

'Cos they are both different to each other and different again to the one on eBay.

I've seen plenty of issues and demos of all kinds of imports that all have subtle differences. They must get pressed all over the place and every presser seems to have a slightly different label design. Very confusing, which is why I think, many many years ago, I decided that it was safer just to collect UK releases only. Sadly, that has changed after realising that most of what I want now never ever saw the light of day over here, even as obscure Lp tracks.

Incidentally, just showing my ignorance of Northern stuff on US labels here now, but did this ever get issued, or are they all Demos?

You can be 100% sure if it's got that delta number.

Social source share

You can be 100% sure if it's got that delta number.

So how do you find that out Pete. And if the guy wants to, can't he just lie about it being there and blame it all on confusion later?

And should that Delta number be impressed or scratched?

Social source share

There are east and west coast promos of this record. The Guy on e-bay has astated that it has a paper lable (personally, looking at the scan i'm sceptical of this as per Pete Smiths obsrevation) BUT it COULD be a real one. I'd rest easy with a west coat demo or a beautiful BLACK ISSUE ! saw one at Prestwich a few months ago...................

Baz M

Edited by BazM
Social source share

There are east and west coast promos of this record. The Guy on e-bay has astated that it has a paper lable (personally, looking at the scan i'm sceptical of this as per Pete Smiths obsrevation) BUT it COULD be a real one. I'd rest easy with a west coat demo or a beautiful BLACK ISSUE ! saw one at Prestwich a few months ago...................

Baz M

Now there you go you see. One of the many virtues of collecting issues. In this particular case you'd be hard pushed to produce a boot of an ABC Paramount issue.

Demos are all well and good but give me an issue everytime. For me, they are often much more colourful, and much more authenticateable. (See, making up my own words now. :yes: )

Never really understood the fascination with Demos, even the English / UK stuff.

Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Baz M

That Would Be The one Gary Field had Off Ian Ohara; he Had an Earl jackson issue at the same time.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!