Urgent Want - Candi Staton

Guest chorleybloke

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
Guest Aaron Darcy

"Now You've Got The Upper Hand" on original UNITY, must be in good nick. Cash waiting.

Cheers

Pete

you have mega rare collection ' i don't think you need Candi Staton to improve your collection  LOL ' i always look at your play list in manifesto  awesome always.

Social source share

Not many about, and thgose that are dont tend to come up for sale. shit rare.

I know Pep has one, he may be persuaded to part with it as he's not really DJing anymore - but then again.... he'd probably want more than top dollar for it. 

Social source share

Not many about, and thgose that are dont tend to come up for sale. shit rare.

I know Pep has one, he may be persuaded to part with it as he's not really DJing anymore - but then again.... he'd probably want more than top dollar for it. 

When this got pressed - late 76, was in Pep's shop and he had a small box of 45's for sale, not his, he was selling them for someone, as soon as it was pressed an original was in there for £25, we thought that was a shockingly high price...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

When this got pressed - late 76, was in Pep's shop and he had a small box of 45's for sale, not his, he was selling them for someone, as soon as it was pressed an original was in there for £25, we thought that was a shockingly high price...

So what are we talking these days Pete? Last (and only) time I saw it listed was Pat Brady must be about 6/7 years ago £900.  What's Pep's user name on here anyone?

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

So what are we talking these days Pete? Last (and only) time I saw it listed was Pat Brady must be about 6/7 years ago £900.  What's Pep's user name on here anyone?

Cheers

Pete

Only saw Pep on here when Helen died I'm afraid.  He's on facebook though - Ian Perriera (might not be quite right)

Social source share

Pep doesn't really sell his records though does he?  I've known him 40 years and never even got to look in his box!  He was always very guarded.

Yeah, someone stealing some from his house many years ago was a lot to do with that I think. Times change though Pete, and he's let the odd thing go, you'd be surprised how many things he's actually got 2 (or more) of too!

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

it was shockingly high price for those days

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

i sold one to John phillips for £150 at a allniter in manchester 1986/7. (John now lives Australia ) which was the going rate at the time.

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

theres a few issues about its a case of finding m. :g:  

what do you mean by issues ' i have never seen stock copies of Candi Staton.

Social source share

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete,

I think the problem you may have is finding one in 'good nick'. The few copies that have gone on ebay over the years have been vg. With white label records it's nice to get a clean one. Think I've only ever seen one really clean copy before  :g:

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

i sold one to John phillips for £150 at a allniter in manchester 1986/7. (John now lives Australia ) which was the going rate at the time.

Thanks for the info folks,

Only seen 2 myself, the one owned by John Phillips over here sold to him by Aaron and the one on Pat's site years ago.  Both seemed to be a bit grubby.

Cheers.......Pete

Social source share

Somebody once told me that this record was withdrawn because a dog 'yelped' in the studio (although what it was doing there in the first place is anyones guess)'

its roundabout 0.47s what do you think?

I think you're barking mad... This record is dog rare so there's only a slim chance of sniffing one down. No point in hounding collectors for a copy and don't expect to find a lead on Soul Source.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Somebody once told me that this record was withdrawn because a dog 'yelped' in the studio (although what it was doing there in the first place is anyones guess)'

its roundabout 0.47s what do you think?

I sometimes wonder if when people say "someone once told me... they actually mean "this is what I think" but are attempting to give some provenance to their theory. Not that I'm suggesting that this is the case here, of course.

Anyway, I believe I can hear someone playing a little glissando on the organ around that time. More likely that having a dog in the studio don't you think...?  :D

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

I think you're barking mad... This record is dog rare so there's only a slim chance of sniffing one down. No point in hounding collectors for a copy and don't expect to find a lead on Soul Source.

i like the poetry in your tread  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Social source share

Hi I remember buying this in Manchester, only ever played it out once at thePerth national about five years ago...stunned when it cleared the floor totally!!...strange world of northern Soul !

take care all

john 

Thanks for the info folks,

Only seen 2 myself, the one owned by John Phillips over here sold to him by Aaron and the one on Pat's site years ago.  Both seemed to be a bit grubby.

Cheers.......Pete

Social source share

What is the difference between the original and the pressing, only I have a copy and presume its a pressing, but you never know I have had it for over thirty years and never seen an original copy. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Mark.

The run out grooves on the pressing/ bootleg is about an inch wide.

Social source share

I sometimes wonder if when people say "someone once told me... they actually mean "this is what I think" but are attempting to give some provenance to their theory. Not that I'm suggesting that this is the case here, of course.

Anyway, I believe I can hear someone playing a little glissando on the organ around that time. More likely that having a dog in the studio don't you think...?  :D

If it is a little glissando then it's one of the worst I've heard sounds more like a guide dog for the blind (maybe belonging to the keyboard player)
Social source share

If it is a little glissando then it's one of the worst I've heard sounds more like a guide dog for the blind (maybe belonging to the keyboard player)

Fair enough :)  I wasn't commenting on the quality.

I still think it's the organist. If you chose to to imagine it's the studio's dog I won't stand in your way...

Social source share