Darrell Banks - Open The Door To Your Heart 2014 London

Guest nickw

Sorry, just felt Jim was being a little sarcastic after a previous post.

No don't think he was, I thought you though I was being sarcastic hence question mark.

Does make me laugh a bit though because it was confirmed by myself and several other people that it was real (without the benefit of actually being able to touch it), the detail I reported was printed in the Guardian and Record Collector and all over the internet, but it's not actually conclusive proof until John Manship says it is, the rest of us collectors are just not to up to it  :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Quote from DENBO:

"I'm convinced Richard, even before seeing the videos. The reason why? Because I know TWO people that I'd trust with my lifetime's collection, who are not on these social media sites and who simply don't go to venues anymore, anywhere. These two guys have had two separate, totally unrelated copies in their hands. For me, that's good enough, and I'm normally very suspicious of things until I've seen them for myself."

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of the "other two copies"?

Social source share

if you want the full story behind this auction then check these three threads out

june - the initial posting by a member 

includes pics, and later videos

note the date 5 months ago

june -a  thread detailing UK mainstream press article 

sept - another thread 

have to  smile  re-reading this seeing the member who is the most vocal questioning both the validity and the seller of the 45

surprised that there's no mention of any of these threads on manships ott description

as its been said many time provenance is a key factor in such things

but there you go  :rofl:

Edited by mike
blah
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

if you want the full story behind this auction then check these three threads out

june - the initial posting by a member 

includes pics, and later videos

note the date 5 months ago

june -a  thread detailing UK mainstream press article 

sept - another thread 

have to  smile  re-reading this seeing the member who is the most vocal questioning both the validity and the seller of the 45

surprised that there's no mention of any of these threads on manships ott description

as its been said many time provenance is a key factor in such things

but there you go  :rofl:

It's because us little people don't count Mike, Soul Source does all the work - again - and someone else gets the credit.   Anyway who cares, let 'em get on with it and good luck with the sale.  

Social source share

Just thinking about this, obviously the stock is the rarest version by a million miles but I reckon both Stateside demos, the red and white and the green and white, are rarer than the London yellow demo.   I've had two red and whites and one green and white in what, 30 years, I could have had a dozen London demos.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

is this the most anticipated record sale since Frank Wilson a few years ago?

Not quite as well prepared but personally I think it`s much bigger and much more important to the scene in general than Frank Wilson, as we all new the 2 copies on SOUL existed in the 1st place.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Afternoon all. With the record now up for sale, we just wanted to thank every single one of you for your interest, support, observations (good and bad  :) ), information and advice. It may be up for sale elsewhere, but we include you lot as a major part of our journey to that point and for that we offer our heartfelt appreciation and thanks. Take good care of yourselves too.  

Social source share

Just thinking about this, obviously the stock is the rarest version by a million miles but I reckon both Stateside demos, the red and white and the green and white, are rarer than the London yellow demo.   I've had two red and whites and one green and white in what, 30 years, I could have had a dozen London demos.

I've had a mis-spelt (as is this) Red and White Stateside demo for 40 years or so and only seen one other - mind you I don't get out much so there will be quite a few more around - wouldn't have minded this London issue though but as always it's "what's in the groove that counts" and I think that a lot of folk lose sight of that - incidentally with reference to #33 I think Dennis' two people were just mistaken and had demos not knowing the difference

Social source share

I've had a mis-spelt (as is this) Red and White Stateside demo for 40 years or so and only seen one other - mind you I don't get out much so there will be quite a few more around - wouldn't have minded this London issue though but as always it's "what's in the groove that counts" and I think that a lot of folk lose sight of that - incidentally with reference to #33 I think Dennis' two people were just mistaken and had demos not knowing the difference

Believe me, they know the difference :wink:

Social source share

If he says it's true, I believe him - but let's face it, nobody makes a run of 1 copy, it's entirely feasible that a couple of copies slipped out before, because we don't know everyone who collects records.  It'd be interesting if the remaining stock were ever found though.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Afternoon all. With the record now up for sale, we just wanted to thank every single one of you for your interest, support, observations (good and bad  :) ), information and advice. It may be up for sale elsewhere, but we include you lot as a major part of our journey to that point and for that we offer our heartfelt appreciation and thanks. Take good care of yourselves too.  

It`s been a good experience for a lot of people Nick....... Thanx for your original post a lot of us feel a bit like new surrogate parents, we want the kid to go to a good home and be cared for  :thumbsup:  :yes:

Social source share

I think we on SoulSource should all chip in and buy it........we could each have it for 1 month on a rotating........rotatey thing.

I will volunteer to hold our stake!  :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!