Darrell Banks - Open The Door To Your Heart 2014 London

Guest nickw

Guest gordon russell

Yeah it's going to be real tough to sell this if JM can't be on the case  :lol:

for f*cks sake

you could list it in sporting life........and it will sell

Social source share

I still don`t understand the Brit`s propensity to build a guy up and then do their level best to bring him down... :g:

Just continuing that tradition then, and to show my true Britishness ...

Has anyone actually had this record in their hand, seen it, felt it , smelt it  :lol:

What I mean is, has anyone recognised as a true authority in this wonderful field of ours seen the actual record and verified that it is genuine and commented on its provenance?

Or, has everyone just seen the photos?

There's been a lot of media, Facebook, Soulsource banter - but who has actually verified that the copy of the record shown in the pictures is a real record and genuine?

I don't believe it until someone I trust as a true expert has verified it and told me why they think it's a goodun  :D

Tin hat time  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Just continuing that tradition then, and to show my true Britishness ...

Has anyone actually had this record in their hand, seen it, felt it , smelt it  :lol:

What I mean is, has anyone recognised as a true authority in this wonderful field of ours seen the actual record and verified that it is genuine and commented on its provenance?

Or, has everyone just seen the photos?

There's been a lot of media, Facebook, Soulsource banter - but who has actually verified that the copy of the record shown in the pictures is a real record and genuine?

I don't believe it until someone I trust as a true expert has verified it and told me why they think it's a goodun  :D

Tin hat time  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers

Richard

I don't know of anyone who's seen it, apart from the photos.  But even if it does turn out to be a hoax...it's been fun and interesting and the UK label collecting scene got exciting again.

Social source share

Perhaps Pete we can set up a clandestine meet with Nick, select eminent 'UK Know it all's' to attend and touch the record, take their own pictures, or a very least just cast eyes upon it... check out Nicks member page btw, big old scan on there, which even I can tell is the real deal...

Remember you said Mick Smith probably shrugged his shoulders when you told him, has he changed his tune any?

Malcolm

Social source share

Perhaps Pete we can set up a clandestine meet with Nick, select eminent 'UK Know it all's' to attend and touch the record, take their own pictures, or a very least just cast eyes upon it... check out Nicks member page btw, big old scan on there, which even I can tell is the real deal...

Remember you said Mick Smith probably shrugged his shoulders when you told him, has he changed his tune any?

Malcolm

Mick only shrugs his shoulders cos it wasn't him who found it  :lol:

Social source share

have spoke to nickw via pm
he says he is still in the process of making a decision on what to do with this 45 (keep/sell) and while understands the reactions of some he needs to make this decision before taking any further action

cheers
mike
Social source share

Guest Agent 00 Soul

Who actually owns the record if it does exist?

This will be an interesting case if the record is valued as most think it will be at £10k+

If the record was taken without the original owners constant then it was, in the eyes of the law, stolen and as such the ownership lies with the original owner and any subsequent owners of the original owner to the present date.

Similar cases have been tested in law and anyone purchasing the record may find themselves committing an illegal act of purchasing or possessing stolen goods.

It may well be that the current holder of the record was given permission to take it. However if it ever came to litigation it would be incumbent on the current holder to prove that the transfer of the record was done with the consent of the original owner.

Hmmm, as I say interesting!!

Social source share

This will be an interesting case if the record is valued as most think it will be at £10k+

If the record was taken without the original owners constant then it was, in the eyes of the law, stolen and as such the ownership lies with the original owner and any subsequent owners of the original owner to the present date.

Similar cases have been tested in law and anyone purchasing the record may find themselves committing an illegal act of purchasing or possessing stolen goods.

It may well be that the current holder of the record was given permission to take it. However if it ever came to litigation it would be incumbent on the current holder to prove that the transfer of the record was done with the consent of the original owner.

You can be sure of one thing.  Solicitor's fees would easily exceed the value of the record!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Shit, I better throw out all my demo's which clearly say "not for sale" on em. Don't want the police knocking on the door.

Nick owns this record! Why should he have to explain where it came from any more than if it came out the local junk shop? Good luck to him I say.

Edited by John A
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Surely the whole thing would need to start with a claim from the "original owner" that the item had been stolen, and also with the "original owner" proving it was their property in the first place - otherwise there would be no charge to answer?

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Guest Chris61

I'm sorry but that does sound like a case of the green eyed one looking down from on high, fair play to anyone who 'finds' a rare/big one.

Social source share

have spoke to nickw via pm
he says he is still in the process of making a decision on what to do with this 45 (keep/sell) and while understands the reactions of some he needs to make this decision before taking any further action

cheers
mike

HI All   A sound reply Mike, I also made contact, he says he is keeping it till the dust settles, as for all the advice good & bad given, I advised him to go through Mick Smith a man who is a expert on all UK rare records, he will contact him, as far as I can tell the record is a legit issue release, and belongs to Nick, I have yet to see a court case on the subject discussed?

Also I could of suggest John Manship, however Mick is a old mate, DAVE K

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

Shit, I better throw out all my demo's which clearly say "not for sale" on em. Don't want the police knocking on the door.

Nick owns this record! Why should he have to explain where it came from any more than if it came out the local junk shop? Good luck to him I say.

exactly john ........... ffs.

Social source share

Absolute b*llocks

Edited by pikeys dog
swearing - workplace filters
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Agent 00 Soul

Demos have got nothing to do with it.

That was all about PURCHASE TAX on records and the return rules from retailers for unsold records.

Demo's were exempt as they were not sold through retailers - hence the wording on them.

Social source share

Demos have got nothing to do with it.

That was all about PURCHASE TAX on records and the return rules from retailers for unsold records.

Demo's were exempt as they were not sold through retailers - hence the wording on them.

keep to the thread subject please 

as in the actual 45

if you want some general discussion about other topics or whatever then start a new thread

thanks

mike

Social source share

• 1 month later...

HI All   A sound reply Mike, I also made contact, he says he is keeping it till the dust settles, as for all the advice good & bad given, I advised him to go through Mick Smith a man who is a expert on all UK rare records, he will contact him, as far as I can tell the record is a legit issue release, and belongs to Nick, I have yet to see a court case on the subject discussed?

Also I could of suggest John Manship, however Mick is a old mate, DAVE K

Hi Dave.... Do you reckon the dust has settled? been 2 months now! Did Nick get any joy with Mick or did he shrug his shoulders (post 358).

If you can't shed any more light on this or anyone else then the subject is dead & buried. Let us see

Edited by Labeat
Social source share

Hi Dave.... Do you reckon the dust has settled? been 2 months now! Did Nick get any joy with Mick or did he shrug his shoulders (post 358).

If you can't shed any more light on this or anyone else then the subject is dead & buried. Let us see

HI MATE

Missed Mick the other weekend, when he was in Wolves, I will find out for you Nicks intention, I hope he has not had to much hustle from fools, my advice was sit on it as fools rush in, & that's all I can say, apart from Nick is not a fool, he is a lucky man, 

DAVE K

Social source share

Your having a laugh surely? :lol:                                                                                                                            Don`t call me Shirley!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, and also I don't want to be someone who might appear to be accusing anyone of anything.  But I have made an observation upon looking at the two videos above, that I'd like checked and commented by others.  Looking closely at the edges of the paper labels, they appear to not be perfectly rounded, but appear to have a series of very small straight edges, as if cut by a scissors.  That implies that there is a possibility that the labels might have been pieced together from various sources, and manipulated in graphics programmes, printed out on a printer, and the image cut, as carefully as possible, using a small scissors.

I'd like others on this thread to again look at the 2 videos above, and look carefully at the edges of the paper labels, and see if you think they are not rounded as on o normal, machine-cut paper label.

I'd like to find out if I am imagining this.

I fully understand that the whitish areas on the edge of the paper don't necessarily indicate scissors cutting, as they could easily have been colour removal from normal wear from movement inside the record sleeve and handling.  It is the seeming slight non-roundedness that caught my eye.

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

The labels look round enough and real enough to me, I wish I could cut that round with scissors when doing cover up labels in the past :D It would also be pretty intricate and difficult to cut the rest of the label, around the centre etc with scissors. The deadwax matrix matches the label matrix as well.  So unless one off the other London 45's has the same matrix I doubt it is a fake.

If it is a fake it is a bloody good one.

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

The labels look round enough and real enough to me, I wish I could cut that round with scissors when doing cover up labels in the past :D It would also be pretty intricate and difficult to cut the rest of the label, around the centre etc with scissors. The deadwax matrix matches the label matrix as well.  So unless one off the other London 45's bass the same matrix I doubt it is a fake.

If it is a fake it is a bloody good one.

Good point.  Cutting the centre hole would be extremely difficult.  I'll have to look at some of my scans of my own records to see if the roundness on those real labels can appear to be imperfect.

Social source share

HI MATE

Missed Mick the other weekend, when he was in Wolves, I will find out for you Nicks intention, I hope he has not had to much hustle from fools, my advice was sit on it as fools rush in, & that's all I can say, apart from Nick is not a fool, he is a lucky man, 

DAVE K

All of us would wish to know the outcome Dave, pointless letting it drag on :)

Social source share

Upon reviewing the videos, and especially looking at the centre holes, I have to agree now, that my impression of non-roundedness was due to the the imperfection in the digitalisation of the scanning process, as my scans of original records show that same effect.  I apologise for even bringing up the comment, although there was no malice intended (just an observation). 

Social source share

All of us would wish to know the outcome Dave, pointless letting it drag on :)

If I were him, I'd be in no great hurry to unload it.  I would wait to have as many potential bidders hear about it, see it, and make offers.  There should be a bidding war, or it's not the right time to sell.

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Darrell Banks Open The Door To Heart / Our Love (is In The Pocket)London issue

up for sale on JOHN MANSHIP auction well how much do you think it will go for

got my house on the market

Go on, I'll start the ball rolling (argument), £26k ?

Social source share

Finishes on SUNDAY 21st December. Just in time for Christmas!!

I hope the highest bidder can collect as you wouldn't want to risk the Christmas post :lol:

I would want Santa and all of his heavily armed Elvis`s to deliver it personally!!

How many of these are known to exist?

Your looking at it!

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Last time I looked it  was at £28  :lol:  might slide in with a crafty £100  :thumbsup:

If ya need to strech to 125 quid give me a nod bud, I'll help ya out

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!