Fleetwood, Nov 12-14

FOLLOWING DRAMATIC NEWS THAT THE IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES IN AMERICA HAVE THIS WEEK REFUSED ARCHIE BELL PERMISSION TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY DUE TO LEGAL ACTIONS CURRENTLY BEING INITIATED AGAINST HIM, "TOGETHERNESS" PROMOTERS RICHARD SEARLING AND KEV ROBERTS HAVE ACTED IMMEDIATELY TO REPLACE ONE LEGEND WITH ANOTHER AND ARE DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE THAT PHILLY SOUL STAR BUNNY SIGLER HAS BEEN SIGNED UP AS A REPLACEMENT".

"WITH THE SNAKE DAVIS BAND, HE WILL BE PERFORMING HIS 60s / NORTHERN ANTHEMS FOR THE FIRST TIME, THE CLASSICS "GIRL, DON'T MAKE ME WAIT ", "FOLLOW YOUR HEART" AND " LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL / FEEL SO GOOD", FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD, PLUS MORE FROM HIS 60's ARCHIVE AND 70'S ARCHIVE.

BUNNY SIGLER NOW JOINS CO-HEADLINER GARLAND GREEN ON STAGE LIVE AT THE 8TH TOGETHERNESS WEEKEND EVENT AT THE CALA GRAN IN FLEETWOOD ON SATURDAY NOVEMBER 13th AS PART OF A CLASSIC NORTHERN SOUL SHOWCASE TO BE CELEBRATED BY 1,500 SOUL FANS FROM ALL OVER EUROPE".

CO-PROMOTER RICHARD SEARLING SAID:

"Its a real shame because Archie had spent months rehearsing his in-demand songs and is gutted at these last minute rulings against him. We had even persuaded Atlantic to re-issue two of his classic 60s albums complete with previously unreleased songs to coincide with the visit. The band were fully rehearsed as well and flights and hotels were arranged weeks ago. At this late stage we are powerless to appeal on Archie's behalf to the American authorities and it now appears unlikely that he will be ever allowed to leave the States".

"Judging by other recent non appearances of acts due to come over and play it appears that the US immigration requirements have been tightened up dramatically which is obviously a worry for all promoters going forward. Previously, just confirming an artist had a current passport was enough, but that it is no longer the case".

"Having said that we are obviously delighted to get such an amazing replacement as Bunny Sigler, at such short notice and knowing Bunny as I do I can assure everyone that, along with Garland Green and Snake Davis they are in for a show to remember and it will be the first time Bunny has ever performed his Northern anthems in this country".

ARCHIE BELL said "I AM DEEPLY UPSET AT THE USA GOVERNMENT RULING DUE TO INTERNAL DISAGREEMENTS OVER CHILD SUPPORT FEES.

I HAVE BEEN IN CONSTANT COMMUNICATION WITH CO-PROMOTER KEV ROBERTS AND APPEARED ON HIS RADIO SHOW LESS THAN 4 WEEKS AGO, I WAS TELLING EVERYBODY JUST HOW EXCITED I WAS TO BE PERFORMING THESE SONGS AND VISITING THE U.K. AGAIN AFTER SO MANY YEARS.

I TRULY WISH ALL MY FANS WELL AND HAVE A PLEASURABLE WEEKEND IN MY ABSENCE. I WILL SADLY BE CONSOLING MYSELF HERE IN HOUSTON, TEXAS".

• Replies 2
  • Views 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And from a fellow SOUL SOURCER you can tell how I feel right now(even though Bunny Sigler is an excellent replacement).

Artists sometimes, can be on another planet! Now I know how Prestatyn felt with the Spyder Turner no show.

Guest Johnny One Trout

That is a real shame Kev i was looking forward to Archie, having said that Bunny Sigler does have a stronger Northern Pedigree can you get him to sing "Sunny Sunday" I fricken love that record :shades:

Trouty