Denbo

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 18
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think the last one Manship had sold for over a grand... and i'm pretty sure Sid Jones got something like that for his too....

I paid a tenner for mine .... don't you just love it when that happens :P

============================================================

You will love it even more Joan when some rich crackpot says i,ll give you £2000

for your HOW Joan :P:yes:

When i was showing my copy to the guys out of the Masquraders on Sat nite at Prestatyn

after the show one of the guys said to the other group members look the real deal guys

then he put his arm around me and started to sing it.Hey no matter HOW much money you

have never in a million years can you buy MEMORIES like that.. Things like that make all

the years ive been involved in the Soul Scene really worth while bought tears to Cunliffes

eyes that did you better believe it :P

Social source share

I think the last one Manship had sold for over a grand... and i'm pretty sure Sid Jones got something like that for his too....

I paid a tenner for mine .... don't you just love it when that happens :yes:

When and where did you get it for a tenner. Not that I'm expecting to do the same, just out of sheer curiosity . . . . and to rub salt into my already gaping wound!!! :P

Social source share

I have it on Grapevine as well.... pretty sure it's either a little faster or slower than the original ... could be wrong though... will check next time i go down the in laws...

Oh... and Stafford 1984-5ish.... but i may be mistaken with the price i paid ... it was Jesse Johnson issue i got for a tenner .... might have been 50 for How :yes:

.... and that makes me feel really old! :P

Social source share

When i was showing my copy to the guys out of the Masquraders on Sat nite at Prestatyn

after the show one of the guys said to the other group members look the real deal guys

then he put his arm around me and started to sing it.Hey no matter HOW much money you

have never in a million years can you buy MEMORIES like that.. Things like that make all

the years ive been involved in the Soul Scene really worth while bought tears to Cunliffes

eyes that did you better believe it :yes:

Wow Ian .... i wish i had that memory.... that's so top :P

Social source share

I have it on Grapevine as well.... pretty sure it's either a little faster or slower than the original ... could be wrong though... will check next time i go down the in laws...

Oh... and Stafford 1984-5ish.... but i may be mistaken with the price i paid ... it was Jesse Johnson issue i got for a tenner .... might have been 50 for How :yes:

.... and that makes me feel really old! :P

In that case, can I have your Grapevine copy?

And don't worry, the feeling of feelin old only gets worse :P

Social source share

You will love it even more Joan when some rich crackpot says i,ll give you £2000

for your HOW Joan :yes::P

eyes that did you better believe it :P

Thats amazing..i thought they were brill at Prestatyn...what a great memory! anyone got any other stories like this one?

L

Social source share

I'll have to go dig it out... will be going down this week and if i can find it ... then yes you can have it.

Now ... which bloody box is it in .... :)

Hi JumpinJoan,

Hate to pester you but did you dig out that Masqueraders f45 or me.

Quite happy to pay you for the record. You don't have to GIVE it to me. But I did appreciate the generous offer.

Regards,

Denbo.

Social source share

Hi JumpinJoan,

Hate to pester you but did you dig out that Masqueraders f45 or me.

Quite happy to pay you for the record. You don't have to GIVE it to me. But I did appreciate the generous offer.

Regards,

Denbo.

Haven't been down yet cos she's been away on her hols..... gets back next Saturday.... will get down asap and get back to you.... i hadn't forgot ... just been dead busy... sorry! wink.gif

Social source share

Thats amazing..i thought they were brill at Prestatyn...what a great memory! anyone got any other stories like this one?

L

was D.Jing at a club in Crewe--The Dirty Duck

its now Steam(Still D,J .there :ohmy:

Major Lance was the act

had to do intro etc

after the show,he was at bar so said

could i buy him a drink

he said no.....

but i will buy you one

spent rest of night drinking with him and backing band

still have picture in my scrapbooks

Social source share