Ordinary Boys

Guest Kolla

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

One of them was on Never Mind The Buzzcocks a few weeks back and a couple of them have given their considered opinions on the UK Music Hall Of Fame thing that's going on channel 4 at the moment - they look like mods to be honest, young kids...didn't sound Irish though. This is if I'm thinking of the right group of course!

Social source share

They're not Irish, they're English. Subject of great discussion on a mod forum that I - and a few other people on here - are on. One of them dresses mod-ish (though pictured in a suit with white sports socks and trainers) and the rest are generally scruffy :shades: Oh and they do songs about Brighton and stuff so some people are hailing them as bringing mod back to youngsters or something. Saw their Glastonbury performance where they covered a Specials' number. Better than the usual chart crap but that's about it.... IMO :lol:

Social source share

Cor blimey guv'na - get you! whistling.gif

Mousee T owns Peppermint Jam records - his mix of Moloko's "Sing it back" is brilliant. I think he's worked a lot with Bootsy Collins and Quincy Jones as well.

Thanks for filling me in on Ordinary Boys - must see if I can find any soundbytes on the net now.

Social source share

Oi missus! They interviewed Weller a few months back in NME or Q magazine- sorta mod/soul/Indie influenced, and better than a whole lotta crap in the charts at the moment IMHO.

They also approach their songwriting with quite a satirical British POV. Which is nice............. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!