Articles: Bob Abrahamian - Raw and Unedited

Mike

• 4 years later...

On 16/04/2019 at 16:25, ljblanken said:

this makes me bummed out. such a sad thing... 

Yes, it brought a few tears to my eyes.  But, it's nice to hear his voice every so often.  Nice that "Sitting In The Park" 's interviews have been saved, and we also have these interviews of Bob.  I have had a lot of family members and friends who left no recordings.  So, I can only remember their voices from my memory, and from dreams.  But recordings, and film are a lot nicer, as they are more accurate, and then trigger other memories of those people.   I'm relatively old, and don't know how long I'll be around.  But even if it's 20 more years, that goes by really fast (as one gets older).  So, I hope I'll be in contact with Bob again, after I go.  The older I get, the more I believe that's possible.   I know that sounds irrational, but The World is plenty ridiculous even when one has had a good foundation in the sciences, and has good mathematical logic.

Edited by RobbK
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, RobbK said:

Yes, it brought a few tears to my eyes.  But, it's nice to hear his voice every so often.  Nice that "Sitting In The Park" 's interviews have been saved, and we also have these interviews of Bob.  I have had a lot of family members and friends who left no recordings.  So, I can only remember their voices from my memory, and from dreams.  But recordings, and film are a lot nicer, as they are more accurate, and then trigger other memories of those people.   I'm relatively old, and don't know how long I'll be around.  But even if it's 20 more years, that goes by really fast (as one gets older).  So, I hope I'll be in contact with Bob again, after I go.  The older I get, the more I believe that's possible.   I know that sounds irrational, but The World is plenty ridiculous even when one is has had a good foundation in the sciences, and has good mathematical logic.

It would definitely be fun if life continued just in another dimension. I wonder though, if we would then still discuss and talk about OVO vs bootlegs 😀

Social source share

58 minutes ago, YouYou said:

It would definitely be fun if life continued just in another dimension. I wonder though, if we would then still discuss and talk about OVO vs bootlegs 😀

Somehow, I rather doubt that.  We'll be "spirits" (non-alcholic" of course), and  so, we'll "speak", or exchange thoughts using "mental telepathy" (at least something equivalent, given we'll have no physical brain.  But, I don't think we'll be talking about bootlegs, or Simon Soussan, or anything as mundane as Soul music.  We'll be discussing MORE IMPORTANT things, like existential matters, such as "is 'is' is?".  Or, if we've been good enough to go to "the GOOD place", maybe we'll be able to have a giant record barn with all mint copies of EVERY Soul record ever made, whose grooves never wear out, and a harem full of women who like all the same music we do, and don't mind our spending time playing them, and don't complain about our spending money on them instead of our kids.  😎

Edited by RobbK
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!