Open The Door To Your Heart - How Many Versions?

Since I first heard Darrell Banks', "Open the Door to Your Heart" this has been a favourite tune. Apart from Darrell's unsurpassable version I have heard it done by:

Jackie Wilson

Doni Burdick

The Mob

The Capitols

Sonny Munroe

Little Willie G

Can anyone add to the list?

link

Little Milton

Betty Wright

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

Since I first heard Darrell Banks', "Open the Door to Your Heart" this has been a favourite tune. Apart from Darrell's unsurpassable version I have heard it done by:

Jackie Wilson

Doni Burdick

The Mob

The Capitols

Sonny Munroe

Little Willie G

Can anyone add to the list?

link

JOE E YOUNG AND THE TONICS ON A BRIT LP, SAME LABEL AS DORIS TROY RE-RELEASE-SLIPPED MY MIND AND CANT FIND DISC

Social source share

Freddie Scott did a good version on a Shout (UK Joy) LP. I don't think any version touches Darrel's original, but Freddie's version must be one of the better covers of it.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• 6 years later...

jackie wilson the very best version

betty wright

the mob

donnie burdick

daddy c

Gregory Isaacs

Willie Clayton

just a few i've heard

Add Tony and the tonics

Capitols

Magnificent men

Social source share

Rarest by a mile in my box is the California Malibu's version, this one doesn't seem known at all, it's damn good too, sorry no good at putting up soundfiles before anyone asks

Also into Major Burkes on Gulf, same tune but totally changes the lyrics, it's total class, see there's one on ebay with a soundfile for those who haven't heard this one

https://cgi.ebay.com/MAJOR-BURKES-Texas-GULF-Northern-Deep-Soul-7-45-HEAR-M-/220752116486

Social source share

How Many Versions Of "open The Door To Your Heart" ;

Ecky thump!

Didn't know that there were so many versions I hadn't heard of.

This is not including the pop versions by the like of Amen Corner and Chris Farlow.

Keep em coming guys.

As a matter of interest how do you attache sound files to a Forum response?

Best

Mick

Social source share

Rarest by a mile in my box is the California Malibu's version, this one doesn't seem known at all, it's damn good too, sorry no good at putting up soundfiles before anyone asks

Also into Major Burkes on Gulf, same tune but totally changes the lyrics, it's total class, see there's one on ebay with a soundfile for those who haven't heard this one

https://cgi.ebay.com/...M-/220752116486

been including Major Burkes and the Capitols in most of my spots since a year or so ( not both during the same night/spo of course LOL!). Always someone there who comes up to ask who this or tht version was by. Obviously I cant seem to get enough of this essential Soul tune!

Vikki Styles is a great version too!

Social source share

https://cgi.ebay.com/...M-/220752116486

If your going down that road Mike ...also Vickie Styles :hatsoff2:

Social source share

How Many Versions Of "open The Door To Your Heart" ;

Ecky thump!

This is not including the pop versions by the like of Amen Corner and Chris Farlow.

Keep em coming guys.

Best

Mick

just hit the reply with refosoul button at bottom thumbsup.gif

Social source share

;

Ecky thump!

Keep em coming guys.

Best

Mick

Amen Corner?

You're not getting mixed up with "Our Love Is In The Pocket" are you? Things are gonna get really confusing if so...

Social source share

just hit the reply with refosoul button at bottom thumbsup.gif

or if already in refosoul

1 .just hit the embedd link on the player

2. hit copy code

3. paste clipboard into your post

eg

art earnsley and flames - open the door to your heart - shipton

[/code]

when posted it

becomes

art earnsley and flames - open the door to your heart - shipton

Social source share

Will try and remember to check out the label but funnily the California Malibu's weren't from California, Midwest group I think but can't remember where, either Boba can do his usual memory magic and remind me or I'll have to dig through the boxes, none on google/popsike/etc or would do it the lazy way!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!