Can Anyone Identify This Track Please

Pete S

Sorry this is a terrible quality clip recorded on the internal microphone of the mac, thats because it's from a tv show, our old pal Inspector George Gently again, but not the "Northern Soul" episode, this is from an earlier one but it's a very Northern flavoured track.  The clip as I say is very tinny and crap quality but you can easily hear the song, which appears to be called "I can't stop the feeling that I've got for you".. thanks

Untitled song.mp3

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Sorry this is a terrible quality clip recorded on the internal microphone of the mac, thats because it's from a tv show, our old pal Inspector George Gently again, but not the "Northern Soul" episode, this is from an earlier one but it's a very Northern flavoured track.  The clip as I say is very tinny and crap quality but you can easily hear the song, which appears to be called "I can't stop the feeling that I've got for you".. thanks

attachicon.gifUntitled song.mp3

Do you what episode its from Pete, or even what 'season' it was?

Social source share

Its from the Episode called 'Blue for Bluebird'.

It's definitely called "I Can't Stop the Feeling I've Got for You" and it was played off an actual record...... Got somebody trying to track down the artist, or at least where the record they played came from (borrowed, sound library etc!)

:thumbsup:

Version of the 'shoop shoop song' by Pixie Lott in that episode too.

Edited by MrC
Social source share

attachicon.gifUntitled song.mp3

Hi Pete

Its called "Just give me a chance " by Terry Devine-King / Steve Levine

hth

Richard

Social source share

Thanks so much Richard, I found out at the same time as I saw this, but many many thanks

Yes that was me too, LOL

ps> I'd love to meet the person responsible for selection of tracks on that show !!!

Edited by NSG
Social source share

Infact Pete if you go to Audio Network - they have 7 different mixes of this track ~!

https://www.audionetwork.com/production-music/just-give-me-a-chance_52168.aspx

LOL I just found that as well!

Full length tracks, the inst is quite good.

Was doing this for a lady who contacted me and asked if I knew who it was, I then had to find the episode, download it, watch it, record the music etc etc, favours we do eh..

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Steve Levine (no relation!) is a modern day UK record producer if memory serves me right. It must be a tailor made track for the show.

Don't think it was made for the show, they wouldn't have put it out on a cd single with all the remixes if that were the case.  Probably.

Social source share

For the record Audio Network are a 'Music Library Production Company' that supplies music to the Broadcast (TV & Radio) Industry, in the same way as KPM, Carlin, Bruton etc. operate  Terry Devine King is probably their most prolific writer, and these companies make their money by supplying production music composed by their stable of in-house composers.  Many of these tracks are 'soundalikes' so if a production company is making a 60's drama and can't afford to license a Hendrix or Who tracks they can get a soundalike a lot cheaper from a Production Library. I haven't been to the Audio Network website lately, but I assume there are a number of 60's northern and general soul soundalikes.

Social source share

For the record Audio Network are a 'Music Library Production Company' that supplies music to the Broadcast (TV & Radio) Industry, in the same way as KPM, Carlin, Bruton etc. operate  Terry Devine King is probably their most prolific writer, and these companies make their money by supplying production music composed by their stable of in-house composers.  Many of these tracks are 'soundalikes' so if a production company is making a 60's drama and can't afford to license a Hendrix or Who tracks they can get a soundalike a lot cheaper from a Production Library. I haven't been to the Audio Network website lately, but I assume there are a number of 60's northern and general soul soundalikes.

Tim, I've got loads of classical CDs from Bruton music (inherited when a company I worked for went bust) and it's all proper stuff - Vienna Philharmonic etc..

Trouble is the CDs are divided into about 95 seamless little tracks each, so if you put 'em on shuffle it's like a surreal nightmare!!!

Sorry…. gone off topic a bit.

Edited by SoulStu
Social source share

• 4 years later...
On 23/06/2014 at 16:06, NSG said:

Hi Pete

Its called "Just give me a chance " by Terry Devine-King / Steve Levine

hth

Richard

Thx very much! I really tried to figure this out...I stopped in the middle of the episode, here in Sweden, a re-run. But i liked the song and it was impossible to take the verse, I can't stop the feeling i got for you and google it...All i got was Timberlake...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert