Broughton Wings 14Th Anniversary & Charity Night

Moderators, I hope this is ok to post in this section.

A huge, huge thank you to everyone who supported Broughton Wings 14th Anniversary & Charity Night Special last Saturday June 21st.

I am delighted to say that £2517.35 was raised for The Breast Cancer Trust.

A big thanks to the DJ's Mike Kalka, Tot Johnson, Chico and of course Mr. Ginger Taylor ( and me Kev Jones). All that helped with the raffle, Steve Thomas, Darryl and Richard and to everyone that bought cd's. All that donated prizes including Tim Brown and Richard Searling, thank you.

It was a great night and I am proud to be able donate that amount of money to such a worthwhile charity. I am hoping for a bit more from the Charity Committee, so we will wait and see. The generosity of Soul People never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks to all.

However, I am extremely sorry and express my sincere apologies for anyone who could not get in on Saturday. The club was completely full at 9.30pm and the doors had to be shut. Broughton Wings have strict rules and room capacity and fire regulations have to be respected. Once again I am really sorry if you could not get in.

Kev Jones

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Kev

As a Broughton stalwart (or old fart if you like!!) I can honestly say it was one of the best nights in it's history and I've attended most.  Amount raised was just fantastic. DJ's played to the floor from Motown through Classic Northern, Crossover to the best in Modern.  Great night with no soul politics and it was a pleasure to be involved.

On behalf of all who attended a big thank you to yourself as it was your hard work and dedication to the scene (and venue) that put it all together.

Maybe those who did not get in, and I know there were quite a few, will come along in August for another great night.

Best Regards

Daryl & Liz

Edited by DazCymru
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert