Stateside Demos

Is there anything more beautiful than a Stateside demo - I do not think so and I don't collect British - yummy 45's :hypo:

1) Yes, one without writing on

2) Yes, a red and white one. Green and white's just do not have the same effect on me.

3) I can't think of anything more beautiful than this demo

DSCF0060.JPG

• Helpful 3
Social source share

1) Yes, one without writing on

2) Yes, a red and white one. Green and white's just do not have the same effect on me.

3) I can't think of anything more beautiful than this demo

Wasn't referring to the one being sold Pete - just the fact that I have an eye for the lovely Stateside demo both green and red..

Social source share

Whilst I can appreciate the affection for the Stateside demo's I have a preference for the look of the pink and silver MGM one's

They are beautiful, as are the pink and silver Verve demos.  Still prefer red and white's of everything though.  Cal Tjader on UK Verve r & w demo, that's a beauty.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

They are beautiful, as are the pink and silver Verve demos.  Still prefer red and white's of everything though.  Cal Tjader on UK Verve r & w demo, that's a beauty.

Agreed!!

Would it be worth a try for SS members to post scans of all the Northern/Soul Stateside demo's on this thread or a gallery type thread?

post-9947-0-95383800-1403709960_thumb.jp

Social source share

I've been ' putting out ' a series of flyers for my Soul Night for 13 years now, all of them UK demos. Copied both sides of course. 

I have a determined bunch of friends / soulies who collect these now !

The most recent one is the one that has probably been most in-demand [ other than Darrell B. on yellow London [ O.T.D.T.Y.H. ], which was the first  'issue' in the series in 2002 ]. This most recent one is the Invitations, [ W.W.W.M.B. ] on a r/w Stateside.

So I agree, as it seems do my ' collectors ' ; there is nothing more beautiful than a r/w Stateside, in an original proper and pristine royal blue bag.

I.M. (not so humble ) O.,.......of course.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!