Bobby Womack R.i.p

Not a joking matter..... Is this true or not???.

Its not effing funny by any stretch of the imagination to post, spread gossip etc of this kind of nature unless you know it's the gospel truth. I cannot fathom why anybody should want to start such a story.

its bad enough when it is true but FFS let's be matter of fact about such a sad occasion when it does happen.

To say I'm angry to hear its a hoax puts it mildly, but on the other side I'm effing relived it's not true.

hopefully those responsible won't cross my path soon or in the future..........it should be a hanging offence if not stocks and flogging.

"Across a 110th street".......... thankfully not across the other side.

Dave Halsall 

Social source share

Breaking News: Bobby Womack dies at age 70
www.soultracks.com

(June 27, 2014) We are extremely sad to report that legendary singer and songwriter Bobby Womack has died after a lengthy series of illnesses.  There had been false rumors of his death for a week on the internet but it appears that Mr. Womack died this morning.

Social source share

Breaking News: Bobby Womack dies at age 70

BobbyWomack.jpg(

June 27, 2014) We are extremely sad to report that legendary singer and songwriter Bobby Womack has died after a lengthy series of illnesses.  There had been false rumors of his death for a week on the internet but it appears that Mr. Womack died this morning.
One of the most enigmatic and talented Soul men of all time,  Womack was a sort of Soul Forrest Gump, serving as a link from 50s Gospel to 60s Soul to 70s Rock and to some of the greatest musicians in each genre. Born in an extremely devout religious family, he was singing Gospel with his brothers Cecil, Friendly, Harry and Curtis as the Womack Brothers while he was still a child. The talented group was discovered by Gospel/Soul legend Sam Cooke, who redubbed them the Valentinos and transformed them into a teenage secular vocal group.

full article can be read at soultracks
link:

site note
the above post has been edited by site 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Gutted totally gutted. :(

"Just Soul"  Womack nite that was just after the 3 Amigos + 1 had seen him in concert and it seemed that every other or was it every record was a Womack track..........? Totally an unforgettable nite........? If you had planned a soul nite featuring one artist, most people would have said it won't work? Well if you were not there then shame on you,because it was just one of those nites where it worked to a tee.

My thoughts are with the Womack Family, but  Sean,Tatts, Kev, John &  Bully.....we enjoyed his music...but you guys championed it. Respect lads for your love of a true Soul music legend without discussion. 

Rip Mr.Musicman

Dave Halsall. :(

Edited by reforee
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I was dreading this news...... An absolute legend in every sense of the word. Too many amazing songs to mention........

Still the best live act ive ever seen,at his peak, he was simply untouchable. The man simply oozed Soul.

I'm so, so, gutted about this.

Bobby Womack is gone......

Social source share

RIP Bobby.

Too many highs to mention. One of the most memorable live concerts at Hammy Odeon with Altrina Grayson in his 'Poet' period. Absolutely spine tingling Soul.

Fave track, "If you don't want my love".

Tony Horn

Social source share

What really sad sad news, absolutely gutted. I was lucky enough to see him quite a few times over the years from the hammersmith  odean gig mentioned earlier to most recently a few years ago in Blackburn and ok that night his voice maybe wasn't quite as good as earlier years but you made allowances for that because "Hey its BOBBY WOMACK"   R.I.P Bobby a true soul legend!!

Edited by KELBOY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Growing up I never really appreciated Bobby's music but, as I am now older and much more able to open my ears to (new to me) soul music, thankfully through SS and the Net in general I have learnt my lesson. The man 'oooozed' with soul. 

R.I.P Sir.

Drew

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!