Paul Sindab / E.j. Rush

honky

Superb dancer.

I just noticed Time is 2.05 on label and finally it's 2.43 on youtube clip...strange

Think a lot did that Phil to get airplay, nearly three minutes often considered to long for radio. Great record and good to know who it really is. 

Wish I could be over there to see the show.  Are you filming it Honky?

Social source share

Think a lot did that Phil to get airplay, nearly three minutes often considered to long for radio. Great record and good to know who it really is. 

Wish I could be over there to see the show.  Are you filming it Honky?

We will indeed.  We have quite a backlog of video to process from past shows, but will gradually be putting selections up so folks who can't make the trip to NYC have a chance to enjoy these performances.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

The record label might be Cooking, but I'd save that word for describing the band ! Fabulous performance ( just saw Paul singing DYCITS on FB, which he absolutely "smashed it" as the kids say ;-)
Thanks very much for posting these videos

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm jealous, I love "Do what you wanna do" & remember it being massive at Blackpool Mecca first in the early 70's but only for a fleeting moment, I think it was booted quickly as it was such a big tune, I also love "Candy" and  his E J Rush tune ain't shabby, the start of which sounds a little "Do what you wanna do'ish", or is that just wishful thinking by me? Anyway thanks for the clips it's brightened up my day. :thumbup:  :hatsoff2: 

Spot. :shades: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Here's a little clip from the show last night. Richard, Lynne, Michael, and JB really need to be commended for all the work they put into the Dig Deeper shows every month. No normal promoter would do this kind of thing month after month.

Who'd have believed you'd ever see Paul Sindab perform all of his "hits" live?!

That was bloody sensational - I hope PS's phone is red hot, cos he needs to get over here pronto, n that band are as tight as a gnats ass, superb...well done Dig Deeper !!! 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The band at the Dig Deeper events is helmed by the incredibly talented JB Flatt.   He does a fantastic job of creating arrangements for the musicians that come very close to replicating the sound of the original recordings.   You should have heard the band perform Gene Toones' "What more do you want" last month!  Sadly, Mr Toones himself wasn't able to perform, but the guest vocalist (Eli Paperboy Reed) did a commendable job.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Amazing - top work Dig Deeper!! The band sound really really good!

Had the pleasure of hearing them in 2010,backing Lee Fields,Renaldo Domino,Eli Paper boy Reed,etc at Dig Deeper.Sweet Divines backed vocally Betty Harris, Inyang Bassey,Don Gardner,Harvey Scales.Loved it.

:) The dj's were'nt bad either.!!! :)

soulfest2010_poster.jpg

Social source share

Did he do "I'm uptight".? Well done again guys,keep digging deeper. :thumbsup:

Yes, he did "I'm Uptight", "Since I met you", "Do whatcha wanna do", "You dropped your candy in the sand", "I was a fool", "Hole in your soul", "Stick tight", "Give me your heart".

Richard, what else did he do?   Did he do the flip to "I was a fool"? 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes, 2nd song in the set with the amazing drum rolls over the yeah, yeah exhortations that Sticks Evans would have approved of for sure, 9 songs and a 2nd version of  You dropped your candy for the encore though we could have picked any to repeat as would have wanted to hear them all again!

Social source share

Cast aside the obvious joy that he brought to the folks in that room on Saturday for one minute.......just look at Mr Sindab, loving every single second of it. That's just amazing and if I'm honest, a little emotional.

The backing band are simply outstanding....and I think that's really all I can say about this performance in summary. Just outstanding!

Social source share

Crazy good...very jealous over here...I miss being able to go and support the artists that have sung the soundtrack to my life!

More power to the passionate promoters giving artists the opportunity to enjoy the spotlight.

:yes:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chorleybloke

Wow that was fookin fantastic, nearly choked up! One of my favourite dancers and a performance like a 20 year old.

Pete

Social source share

Thanks very much for the kind words!  We're still getting caught up processing video from past shows...but here's one of Paul Sindab starting the night off with "I was a fool":

His full set was:

I was a fool

Yeah, I never knew

Since I met you

I'm up tight

Do whatcha wanna do

You dropped your candy in the sand

Give me your heart

Can't wait no longer

You're something else

Hole in your soul

Stick tight to me

You dropped your candy in the sand (encore)

Stay tuned - we're hoping to get more video posted before our fall season starts up in September...

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!